Classic Rock (Phil Collins lives, run for the hills)

It's over and done with now. Both parties have moved in.

Bun E. is still a quarter of the band legally... just no longer an active member.
Stuff happens, especially after so many years between band members.

Yeah, it’s a shame he doesn’t play with them though because the way he plays undoubtedly contributes to their best sound.

Album Review
Moon Safari Himlabacken Vol 2

The Swedish six piece prog outfit return although this is my first purchase. Very reminiscent of Styx with a sprinkle of Yes and The Flower Kings.Upbeat, sunny Prog with brilliant vocal harmonies.
Track listing
198X (Heaven Hill)
Van Halens Jump meets Styx in this vibrant opener unashamedly 80’s in feel. 9/10
Between the Devil and Me
A brooding,crescendo of a song which is reminiscent of Mr Mister in places 8/10
Emma Come On
A fantastic little slice of commercial prog which doesn’t take itself seriously 9/10
A Lifetime to Learn how to love
I don’t normally do ballads but this right up there with the best 8/10
Beyond the Blue
Short little medieval style acapella showing the wonderful multi vocal harmonies 7/10
Blood Money
Styx again but this time meeting a funky Maroon 5 . 8/10
Tern Angel meets the Apocalypse
The albums epic length track going into a multitude of segments 7/10
Forever for you
Neat little ballad before the Epilogue 7/10

Average 7.88

Anyone else going to the Steve Rothery double header at Band On The Wall this weekend?

I only made it to one night last summer due to a clash with Roger Waters and some footy match somewhere, so only heard Misplaced Childhood.

Looking forward to hopefully the first two albums this weekend along with Grendel (well I’ll be shouting for it anyway).

Anyone else going to the Steve Rothery double header at Band On The Wall this weekend?

I only made it to one night last summer due to a clash with Roger Waters and some footy match somewhere, so only heard Misplaced Childhood.

Looking forward to hopefully the first two albums this weekend along with Grendel (well I’ll be shouting for it anyway).
I am off to sunnier climes this weekend me old Chester.
Nice track from Oliver Wakeman new solo album in the meantime builds nicely and a trademark family solo.

Been at Band on the Wall tonight. Bar stopped serving anything other than water from 9.55pm - genuinely wtf is all that about?

Anyway, not the full albums but we got:
Cinderella Search, Script, Forgotten Sons, Assassing, Incubus, Fugazi, Kayleigh-Lavender-Heart of Lothian, Runaway, Afraid of Sunlight, Easter, Revenge, Old Man of The Sea, Summer’s End.

Different set last night, including Jigsaw, Market Square Heroes, Garden Party, incommunicado, Slainth, Last Straw and the Warm Wet Circles suite.

Magnificent stuff, still a sublime player, and it’s brilliant that he is keeping the spirit of the 80s Marillion (the one I love) alive & well :-)

Till next time… or until the Fish “farewell” shows next February.

Different set last night, including Jigsaw, Market Square Heroes, Garden Party, incommunicado, Slainth, Last Straw and the Warm Wet Circles suite.

Magnificent stuff, still a sublime player, and it’s brilliant that he is keeping the spirit of the 80s Marillion (the one I love) alive & well :-)

Till next time… or until the Fish “farewell” shows next February.
Don’t think Fish will play a huge amount of Marillion, think maybe 2 or 3 but think he intends mainly representing all his solo albums. Though think he's doing 2 different sets on the tour so the Marillion songs might change too.

Don’t think Fish will play a huge amount of Marillion, think maybe 2 or 3 but think he intends mainly representing all his solo albums. Though think he's doing 2 different sets on the tour so the Marillion songs might change too.
Good intel, didn’t know that.

I do actually like his post Marillion career a lot more than the Hogarth version (apart from the odd exception on either side), so I’ll be happy to take it as is. But wouldn’t say No to a bit more than 3 tracks ;-)

Whilst I’m here, this was a bit divisive but I loved it as a latter day concept/long track:

Good intel, didn’t know that.

I do actually like his post Marillion career a lot more than the Hogarth version (apart from the odd exception on either side), so I’ll be happy to take it as is. But wouldn’t say No to a bit more than 3 tracks ;-)

Whilst I’m here, this was a bit divisive but I loved it as a latter day concept/long track:

Thats only a guess from what he’s been saying. He certainly wants to showcase his whole career though, think he said they were rehearsing about 40 songs to do 2 sets, and he has 10 solo albums suppose it could be more than 3 Marillion thinking about it, though he admits some of it he can’t manage now.I like almost all of his solo albums, Sunsets on empire the favourite.
Hogarth I really try every so often, and Seasons end apart struggle with it, every other album I start off thinking I’ve got it but then lose interest.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.