Julian Alvarez | Signs for City (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank for the reply. If he is good enough for city to sign then he should be good enough to go into the squad now. Not a fan of this loan back crap.
Not really, we did the same with Jesus. We may want him for this season and see him as part of the squad for next.

Not really, we did the same with Jesus. We may want him for this season and see him as part of the squad for next.
Jesus is the exception. I can’t remember if we have taken this course of action over another signing. It looks like a group signing at present when he should be joining our squad now especially with our need for a forward.

Jesus is the exception. I can’t remember if we have taken this course of action over another signing. It looks like a group signing at present when he should be joining our squad now especially with our need for a forward.
Well if we do it now Jesus won't be the exception anymore. I don't think we have any intention of changing the squad for this season either way.

Thank for the reply. If he is good enough for city to sign then he should be good enough to go into the squad now. Not a fan of this loan back crap.

A few have said that, and I for the best part agree. If he is a 20m (in the last year of his contract) player, he is one for the squad now, that's what we paid for Torres. Particularly with two spare spaces now and little competition in that position which nobody really fills, going into the business end of the season.

But, if the loan back or a delayed transfer is the route the club have chosen to take, then I'm sure there is good reason and logic behind it. Maybe the player wants to see the competition out, maybe his club have managed to tempt him with an extension and this is a good compromise for all. Maybe he is ready to go elsewhere, and this is what swings it.

Would have thought he'd be jumping at the chance to work with Pep ahead of what may potentially be Pep's final season here. If he doesn't extend, I doubt he'd be taking a much of a punt on developing future players, he will want to win all he can with established reliable regulars. So 6 months this season could be an ideal time for him to impress and put himself into contention for next season, something he probably wont do half a world away.

Quite different with Jesus.

We signed him in the summer, he joined in January. Reason being their league and cup runs till december, he wanted to see them through. Doing it in reverse isn't the same thing really ino.

We also had prime Aguero, emerging Iheanacho and arguably newly bought Nolito in the squad, now we don't really have anyone as a true forward.

A few have said that, and I for the best part agree. If he is a 20m (in the last year of his contract) player, he is one for the squad now, that's what we paid for Torres. Particularly with two spare spaces now and little competition in that position which nobody really fills, going into the business end of the season.

But, if the loan back or a delayed transfer is the route the club have chosen to take, then I'm sure there is good reason and logic behind it. Maybe the player wants to see the competition out, maybe his club have managed to tempt him with an extension and this is a good compromise for all. Maybe he is ready to go elsewhere, and this is what swings it.

Would have thought he'd be jumping at the chance to work with Pep ahead of what may potentially be Pep's final season here. If he doesn't extend, I doubt he'd be taking a much of a punt on developing future players, he will want to win all he can with established reliable regulars. So 6 months this season could be an ideal time for him to impress and put himself into contention for next season, something he probably wont do half a world away.
Thje plate fan on the previous pages said him and the manager agreed he wouldn't leave on a free so an extension would have been likely.

Mahrez coming back early and Delap back in full training this week prob helped agree the loan terms (as well as setup a link with Plate/CFG longer term).

I personally think we'll entertain offers for Jesus this summer with an eye on this kid taking that spot.

Well if we do it now Jesus won't be the exception anymore. I don't think we have any intention of changing the squad for this season either way.

That is true, and I think so too on the latter part. Just a wee niggle of a hope there re Alvarez actually coming in now contrary to the claims in the argentinian media, but for no real tangible reason in fairness.

Thje plate fan on the previous pages said him and the manager agreed he wouldn't leave on a free so an extension would have been likely.

Mahrez coming back early and Delap back in full training this week prob helped agree the loan terms (as well as setup a link with Plate/CFG longer term).

I personally think we'll entertain offers for Jesus this summer with an eye on this kid taking that spot.

That'll be Jesus in the last year of his contract will it not? Would be daft not to entertsin offers for him, and he himself will surely think it may be time to try become a regular elsewhere.

You could well be right. We'll see soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.