Julian Alvarez | Signs for City (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, you can tell by the links on player age (Gundo/Ferna) and contracts (Sterling/Mahrez) where the club is looking to shift or faze in/out over the next 3 windows positionally.

Looking where the squad will be 1-3 years is always better than "where will he fit if he arrives tommorow?"
I agree but if a potential superstar appears on the horizon then we should move to secure the player. The club is run exceptionally well on player recruitment.

Low risk signing at the money.
Very likely to make a profit if we didn’t deem him good enough for the first team.
Reminds me a bit of Paulo Dybala when he was younger.
Would be happy with him and Haaland as our summer forward signings.

I know Youtube isn't a reliable measure, but he genuinely looks very good for his age. And I know people like to criticise the standard of opposition, but he's doing things with the ball that ordinary players can't just do. For comparison, I watched Ivan Toney's 37 goals and assists in Brentford's promotion season, and while he's clearly an effective striker with decent movement and anticipation, he's not doing anything special. Which translates into 6 goals so far in the Premier League. Meanwhile Alvarez is doing things with the ball that wouldn't look out of place in our team. The question is whether he'd be an Aguero or a Jesus.

Could be an exciting signing. Can he play for us this month or is there some deal where he stays at River til December? Surely if we buy him he’s ours isnt he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.