Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Behined Swinton station just up the road from Swinton town hall in SWINTON

You mean SALFORD Civic Centre? In the Eccles and SALFORD constituency? Many years ago part of the SALFORD Hundred. I also distinctly remember playing against Swinton schools (e.g. Moorside) in sports in SALFORD schools competitions.

Not sure why the locals are so snobby about it. It's name means Pig Town, for goodness sake. There are a number of places in Salford that I would prefer to live. Bit weird trying to be part of another city.

Played their European home legs at out place too in the 60's. Given our (misplaced) kindness its even more gaoling that they had that bloody sign up for all those years - no class that lot.
So if they knew their History they wouldn’t have made all those childish jokes about our massive floodlights?

Reactions: nmc
The AO arena is putting up a fight - they have some big plans this year.
I am sure Manchester can support 2 fantastic venues .

They have made zero investment in the place since it was built. It's crumbling, with dated concession outlets, dark manky feeling concourses. Notorious from day one in having terrible acoustics for all gigs (Unless you are front and centre of the stage, in the most expensive seats)
And yet no attempt has ever been made to improve them .... I know a few sound engineers who have almost thrown the towel in doing the desks there, lol.

Sadly, the owners care not a jot about any of that. As long as they were puling in punters at £daft prices, they couldn't give a flying one.
Only now they finally have competition for those punters, are they prepared to delve into their vast profits and be seen to do something.

Though going off the design, quality modern aspects and acoustics purposed for live music, I doubt there will be any real competition. The central location is the only plus it may have over the new arena, but that gets less and less as the 'centre' grows outward.

I personally will laugh if the Nynex/MEN/AO/AOR/FCUK /Whatever Arena closes it's doors, gets levelled and we see yet more apartments spring up on it's ashes.

Rant over. ;-)

The ownership of the AO Arena have really dropped a bollock with the lack of investment and it’s now far too late to fight back.

Any investment in the AO by their different owners over the last 30 years would have probably led to different decisions being made over any new arena, but they tried to do it on the cheap and left the door open.

Any exciting new plans they have will revolve around boxing and dancing on ice.

The extra facilities and superior offering at the new arena will make it impossible for the AO to compete.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.