Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Need some help.

Has any got a picture of the proposed redevelopment of Maine Road with a single 360 roof modelled on the Main Stand Roof?

I’ve seen a picture of the model a few times, but I can’t find it on the internet.

It was Swales grand plan for Maine Road, but it never saw the light of day, as we all know.

Instead we ended up with a mish-mash stadium, with 5 different stands, including the Gene Kelly stand. :-)

Thanks.

I think it was actually Franny Lee’s design and was modelled on the redeveloped Kippax. It’s on these pages somewhere.

I think it was actually Franny Lee’s design and was modelled on the redeveloped Kippax. It’s on these pages somewhere.

No mate, it was definitely modelled on the old Main Stand Roof. 99% sure it was while Swales was Chairman.

hmmm parking...

sitelocation.jpg

hmmm which kid drew this?

Sketch.jpg

Originally posted by mcr guy on SSC MCR.

Consultation Phase Two - Have Your Say

Oak View Group, supported by City Football Group, is considering proposals for a potential new arena at the Etihad Campus in East Manchester.

It is important to us that conversations with local communities and stakeholders happen right from the start of the process to inform our plans.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the first phase of consultation in October.

During the first phase of consultation, you told us that a new arena needs to provide genuine benefits for local people and that we should ensure new jobs and training can be accessible to the community.

You also told us that we need to have a robust transport plan, which would allow people to travel to the arena with minimised impact on surrounding communities.

We are now working hard to ensure a new arena would address these priorities. This is at the heart of our commitment to building a world-class new arena that puts the local community first.

We are now preparing to ask for your views on our more developed plans, as part of our next stage of consultation beginnning on 25 November 2019

https://www.eastlandsarena-consult.com/

No mate, it was definitely modelled on the old Main Stand Roof. 99% sure it was while Swales was Chairman.
There was a version where the Kippax roof mirrored the main stand and the Platt Lane was a mirror of the North Stand. I’m sure I posted it a few years ago, not sure how to find it now. Swales ran out of money after doing the main stand IIRC. Wasn’t Trevor Francis sale proceeds used on it?

There was a version where the Kippax roof mirrored the main stand and the Platt Lane was a mirror of the North Stand. I’m sure I posted it a few years ago, not sure how to find it now. Swales ran out of money after doing the main stand IIRC. Wasn’t Trevor Francis sale proceeds used on it?
CXVwzmPWsAAmp_8.jpg

Need some help.

Has any got a picture of the proposed redevelopment of Maine Road with a single 360 roof modelled on the Main Stand Roof?

I’ve seen a picture of the model a few times, but I can’t find it on the internet.

It was Swales grand plan for Maine Road, but it never saw the light of day, as we all know.

Instead we ended up with a mish-mash stadium, with 5 different stands, including the Gene Kelly stand. :-)

Thanks.

This?

thepieintheskystadium.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.