It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Haaland joins Madrid. Who's left

Darwin Nunez
Joao Felix
Harry Kane

Or will City surprise us with someone who we haven't been linked with like Jonathan David.
I would assume we would first try with Harry Kane again. If I'm being honest, it would not surprise me if he is still the clubs first choice (yes I know it sounds insane). But unless Levy has suddenly become an honest man who's word can be trusted, I would assume we will pretty much get the same answer as last summer.

Darwin Nunez is an interesting one. Has been linked with us for a long time, and is having a break out season. A deal with Benfica could most likely be sorted out if we wanted to. Would obviously not be my first choice, but if Håland/Kane is not obtainable, he is probably high up the list. Wouldn't mind him at all, seen him a couple of times in CL this season, scored a brace against Barcelona. Think he has many of the qualities we look for in a 9 so wouldn't be surprised at all if we sign him, as long as he keep scoring goals at the same pace for the remainder of the season.

Felix I think is a difficult one. His chances of getting a move is hurting because Atletico paid such an over price for him. Great prospect, but to be honest he was probably worth half of the 120M they paid for him at the time, they just panicked after losing Griezmann and had money burning a hole in their pocket. You would think a couple of years later, after failing to even secure a regular starting spot in the team, that his value should have dropped from that. He is, in my opinion, a 40M forward at the moment, and that value is in his potential, not his performances. On performances alone the last years (15 goals in 71 league games) he is rather a 20M forward. For us to sign him for the fee Atletico would want, someone would have to go the other way for a fee close to what they would want for Felix (Cancelo/Danilo kind of deal, even though I would advise against it since Juventus are being investigated by Italian authorities because of such deals). Perhaps Jesus if he is open to it.

Jonathan David could be a great signing. For a team like Spurs.

It’s an interesting one for Real regarding the release clause. Every player needs one but what do you set it at if the player himself doesn’t want it high? You’re stuck considering you’d expect his worth to rocket.

Neymar’s transfer showed that money isn’t really an option to some.

Not saying he is the answer. But if I would have to pick one of them, I think Nunez has a far greater chance of making an impact with us than Isak short term.
I think we’d rather not sign anyone than sign either of them

I think we’d rather not sign anyone than sign either of them
I think the club would consider signing Nunez, if the other preferred options wasn't possible. We've been linked with him for a long time and if there is something to it, it would be surprising to see our interest fading as soon as he has his break out season and starts scoring loads of goals.

I dunno why we are so adverse to fighting to win players..
Just because we don’t leak it to the press incessantly, it doesn’t mean we don’t fight for them. Sometimes players see other clubs/countries as being better for them/their family.

Here's how I see it: If Haaland wants Real Madrid, or suggests he does, we walk away and go for Kane. If Tottenham make Top 4, Kane will probably want to stay and we'll probably go for Felix. I think we have a relatively easy run at Felix: He wants to leave, Mendes is trying to push for him to join us, and Atletico are willing to sell.

So imo, I personally feel we'll most likely end up with Felix

And just a theory, wonder if we're monitoring Lewa's situation seeing as there are reports saying he wants to leave? Could be good short term for Alvarez to learn and then take over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.