What are your unpopular opinions on City that you believe 100%?

I believe every one 100% mate as you well know. I almost threw one in about Nasri being rubbish but I think that one's not controversial any more. Hope you're well!

Actually that's reminded me of another from back in the day which I stand by: Garry Cook was an embarrasment to the club.

Really good. Helps when we are the best team in the world quite literally. I like this thread too.

I miss us having a counter attack. Yes we score on the counter now and again but nothing remotely like we used to. When we had Sane and KDB at his best when we got the ball we'd have half the team bombing forward at full pelt and as often as not it resulted in a goal. Earlier than that Yaya. He only did it now and again but Yaya at full pelt has got to rank up there with Maradona or Messi going on their runs.

I wish we'd sell Sterling. His upside will never make up his downside for me.

If Aguero hadn't scored against QPR we'd have won the Champions League by now
What makes you say this?

I do think if Aguero hadn't scored against QPR we'd have flogged Balotelli that summer and probably sacked Mancini, fought harder for RVP and De Rossi and possibly even brought Fernandinho a year earlier. I think we would have won the title and the FA Cup in 2013. Lots of people forget that Fergie was going to retire until Aguero scored, so that would have left the 2013 title race wide open while Chelsea fannied about with Benitez in charge. And if Moyes had gone to United a year earlier as a consequence, Everton probably never would have been knocked out by Wigan in the FA Cup quarter-final that year, leaving us potentially with a final against Everton or Millwall. Then again, we'd have replaced Mancini with Ancelotti (who wasn't exactly a happy bunny at PSG and went to Madrid the next summer) - league titles weren't exactly a speciality for Carlo, so maybe Chelsea would have cobbled something together.

What makes you say this?

I do think if Aguero hadn't scored against QPR we'd have flogged Balotelli that summer and probably sacked Mancini, fought harder for RVP and De Rossi and possibly even brought Fernandinho a year earlier. I think we would have won the title and the FA Cup in 2013. Lots of people forget that Fergie was going to retire until Aguero scored, so that would have left the 2013 title race wide open while Chelsea fannied about with Benitez in charge. And if Moyes had gone to United a year earlier as a consequence, Everton probably never would have been knocked out by Wigan in the FA Cup quarter-final that year, leaving us potentially with a final against Everton or Millwall. Then again, we'd have replaced Mancini with Ancelotti (who wasn't exactly a happy bunny at PSG and went to Madrid the next summer) - league titles weren't exactly a speciality for Carlo, so maybe Chelsea would have cobbled something together.
The club confirmed that we were in negotiations with Pep during 2012. There's a reason they made this clear.

There's a wild amount of snark around Guardiola. Maybe his level of ego and talent will always turn some people off.
He's too erudite for some. Makes them suspicious. And he's intelligent enough to see the bigger picture and not play it like we are the City of 2008 who's entire season rested on our derby results.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.