Peter Doherty

To be honest I dont think Best was ever in the same conversation as Doherty, great player but Best got a lot more attention because of who he played for & weirdly enough I dont think he ever played that well against city?
Cant remember them talking about Finney?

To be fair. Best did win a ballon dor. Quite a few ex pros have said he was the most naturally gifted footballer they have ever seen.

To be fair. Best did win a ballon dor. Quite a few ex pros have said he was the most naturally gifted footballer they have ever seen.
Like I said Best was a great player but because of the times & who he played for in my view he is quite a bit overated,
I think its always been the same, look at Beckham, another good player but completely overated because of who he played for,
Yet to me one of the best players ever David Silva gets very little credit away from city because of the type of bloke he is & who he played for, as I say only my opinion :-)

Like I said Best was a great player but because of the times & who he played for in my view he is quite a bit overated,
I think its always been the same, look at Beckham, another good player but completely overated because of who he played for,
Yet to me one of the best players ever David Silva gets very little credit away from city because of the type of bloke he is & who he played for, as I say only my opinion :-)

Would you rate David silva a better player than Best.

My old man who passed away in 2018 (born in 1932) used to say that his three favourite City players were Doherty, Trautmann and KDB. He said Doherty was the best player he ever saw but did talk in the same way about Kev.

My old man who passed away in 2018 (born in 1932) used to say that his three favourite City players were Doherty, Trautmann and KDB. He said Doherty was the best player he ever saw but did talk in the same way about Kev.

Did he mean the best player he ever saw or the best player he saw for city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.