Getting married for the first time

Hi all. So after dating my bird for a while, we have finally decided to tie the knot tomorrow. I keep getting told by my friends that I should be nervous but frankly I am not at all. Maybe me being an Indian and getting married to a white girl (who is 6 years older than me) has something to do with it as some of my friends are not really very receptive to the idea.

So for married folks here, any tips for people getting married for the 1st time?
Hide your money and put everything in a false name

Ah right.
I asked because when I got married to my now ex we never lived with eachother first and did it old skool by getting married first then move in together.
Worst mistake of my life.

Turned out we wasn't compatible, took us a while to realise it but when the penny dropped it was already a living nightmare.
Got married in 99 and I was out of there by 03.

Good luck to you both by the way. :)

My daughter's partner is of Indian descent. They have never mentioned opposition from friends or family.
I was very happy when Kate told me her partner asked if her parents would be ok with it, and she replied "You don't know them or you wouldn't ask." Could go either way I suppose!

Stay sober tonight then if it goes tits up you'll just blame yourself.

Good luck, 34 or so years and I'm still here with Mrs Moon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.