Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit surprised at Nixon he used to play in goal on occasion for the Snooty Fox on Princess parkway before he became famous and was well liked.

As for wankers, for those in the service; industry a couple of eye drops in a drink or soup used to give them the shits. Colourless, odourless and tasteless it was perfect.
Eric was president of a team I played for many moons ago, The Manor House in Withington, and his brothers all played. Always was very respectful and well liked by everyone.

I'm a bit surprised at Nixon he used to play in goal on occasion for the Snooty Fox on Princess parkway before he became famous and was well liked.

As for wankers, for those in the service; industry a couple of eye drops in a drink or soup used to give them the shits. Colourless, odourless and tasteless it was perfect.
Bloody hell, the Snooty Fox!!!! Used to go in there when I was in my teens. My brother used to date the daughter of the landlady.

Funny old world, had contact with him at Curzon before he made it 'big' seemed a different guy to what's been posted in the last few posts. Certainly more a clicking fingers/attitude man.

Eric was president of a team I played for many moons ago, The Manor House in Withington, and his brothers all played. Always was very respectful and well liked by everyone.
The Nixon's lived up the road from me on Bosley Ave in Withington. All ex Old Moat/Wilbraham lads. Apparently when he (Eric) played for Curzon Ashton he walked into Maine Road and told them that they should sign him because he was a better goalkeeper than Alex Williams, who ironically had been in the year above him at Wilbraham. Not sure Alex was too impressed at the time or indeed now!

The Nixon's lived up the road from me on Bosley Ave in Withington. All ex Old Moat/Wilbraham lads. Apparently when he (Eric) played for Curzon Ashton he walked into Maine Road and told them that they should sign him because he was a better goalkeeper than Alex Williams, who ironically had been in the year above him at Wilbraham. Not sure Alex was too impressed at the time or indeed now!
I went to Wilbraham and was a year or two younger than Eric, Clive and Eugene Wilson and of course Alex, but played with them a few times if they were a player short on the odd occasion and the games teacher needed to make up the 11 with someone from a year or two below. The school was a good supplier of talent for the blues in that era !

Surprised as well. I knew him from Withington. In those days he was a big Blue and popular in my local…The Old House at Home. Not arrogant at all.

I went to Wilbraham and was a year or two younger than Eric, Clive and Eugene Wilson and of course Alex, but played with them a few times if they were a player short on the odd occasion and the games teacher needed to make up the 11 with someone from a year or two below. The school was a good supplier of talent for the blues in that era !

Used to love scoring hat-tricks against Wilbraham for Claremont Road.

Wilbraham was the posh Fallowfield school as far as us from Moss Side were concerned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.