City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

The bad news is that those emails do certainly suggest that City were cooking the books and "attributing" Mansour funds to inflated sponsorship deals. To be honest, I don't see how anyone can think we didn't do that. Your mileage just varies on how okay you are with that sort of thing going on behind the scenes.

The good news is that FFP was a bad idea anyway, and I don't think any of the above is remotely provable. Any good lawyer could surely argue that the wording instead meant "attribute" in the sense that we have to make it clear that we're attributing the funds to the right places so it doesn't look dodgy. It was a long time ago and based on an implication. A heavy implication, but an implication nonetheless. I'm fairly sure little will become of it overall.

Can you please explain how you come to the conclusion that City were ‘cooking the books’? The highest court that deals with matters such as this held a hearing back in July 2020 reviewed all the information and came to the conclusion that this didn’t happen. If we take your theory on looking at things we could imply Fred West was innocent if you decide to ignore judicial judgments.

Someone say "wipe your fanny", by the way. I'm on for the Bluemoon Bingo, here.
If you genuinely believe what you're saying, just consider these questions and give me your answers:

Would you agree those commercial partners mentioned in the leaks, have been open about who they are owned by(the state)?

Do you think the state would need Shiekh Mansour to pay the sponsorship obligations for any organisations that are in their name?

Are you aware that fair market value, has nothing to do with how much cashflow/revenue a sponsor has(ie if they are running at a loss)?

It seems like what's going on in some peoples minds, when they read some of this is:

"Ah ha, those companies need help to pay their sponsorship agreements. That means it's inflated".

Not usually City fans though...

Last edited:
When you look at our set up around the world, the clubs we bought got a % of and our portfolio of clubs still growing, they see we will pick up the majority of the best young footballers from around the world, they see us keep growing finically, they see our youth teams at all ages dominating! What the likes of the scum Arsenal spurs the teams in europa see is pure jealousy and the where the scum are now they thinking in 20 to 50 years time Man City will be better supported maybe even won more big trophies than them!

We ain’t going away we going to be a monster of business in years to come like Amazon apple and Google who also started out slow then exploded.

The bad news is that those emails do certainly suggest that City were cooking the books and "attributing" Mansour funds to other Abu-Dhabi-related sponsorship deals. To be honest, I don't see how anyone can think we didn't do that. Your mileage just varies on how okay you are with that sort of thing going on behind the scenes.

The good news is that FFP was a bad idea anyway, and I don't think any of the above is remotely provable. Any good lawyer could surely argue that the wording instead meant "attribute" in the sense that we have to make it clear that we're attributing the funds to the right places so it doesn't look dodgy. It was a long time ago and based on an implication. A heavy implication, but an implication nonetheless. I'm fairly sure little will become of it overall.
Yay, the biggest cockwomble of the matchday threads (which takes some doing) has now diversified to be the biggest cockwomble of the whole site.

If you are a City fan, you are one boring predictable utter knobhead…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.