City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

The bad news is that those emails do certainly suggest that City were cooking the books and "attributing" Mansour funds to inflated sponsorship deals. To be honest, I don't see how anyone can think we didn't do that. Your mileage just varies on how okay you are with that sort of thing going on behind the scenes.

The good news is that FFP was a bad idea anyway, and I don't think any of the above is remotely provable. Any good lawyer could surely argue that the wording instead meant "attribute" in the sense that we have to make it clear that we're attributing the funds to the right places so it doesn't look dodgy. It was a long time ago and based on an implication. A heavy implication, but an implication nonetheless. I'm fairly sure little will become of it overall.
Do a bit of research, before you post rubbish.
It will save you from alot of flax.

The bad news is that those emails do certainly suggest that City were cooking the books and "attributing" Mansour funds to inflated sponsorship deals. To be honest, I don't see how anyone can think we didn't do that. Your mileage just varies on how okay you are with that sort of thing going on behind the scenes.

The good news is that FFP was a bad idea anyway, and I don't think any of the above is remotely provable. Any good lawyer could surely argue that the wording instead meant "attribute" in the sense that we have to make it clear that we're attributing the funds to the right places so it doesn't look dodgy. It was a long time ago and based on an implication. A heavy implication, but an implication nonetheless. I'm fairly sure little will become of it overall.
Sniff fucking sniff.

Edit: What are you waffling on about inflated deals for also?.. This has nothing to do with inflation! It would help if you had some clue what you were on about.

Rag or dipper? Which bitter is it then? Either way tick tock……….

What utter bullshit. It's like the CAS case never happened. The core allegation from UEFA, based on highly selective emails published by Der Spiegel, was that Sheikh Mansour had provided significant parts of the sponsorship revenue himself, via ADUG.

City were able to show that wasn't the case, with the funds alleged to have come from ADUG actually coming from central marketing funds provided by the UAE government. I'd known about that for years so it wasn't a surprise to me, hence why I was completely confident that we'd win at CAS. We haven't been "cooking the books" and when you understand the situation, the email from Graham Wallace reads completely differently. Furthermore, the ADUG books were independently examined and there was no evidence of such payments.

Having thought it through, I suspect the PL is about to clear us, as CAS did, and this is another crude attempt by our enemies to somehow muddy the waters.
If the PL investigation is about to be shut closed, it is the last chance to smear us as nothing has been proved we’ve cheated over the past decade. Once the PL clears us, it’s over. It does certainly feel like a desperate attempt to further damage our reputation.

If you’re a rag or dipper and lurking on here then we’re well in truly in your head! If you’re a blue your fuckin pathetic!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.