Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

I posted the below in the Talksport thread…

I stayed in London over the weekend and have just got back. Our hotel was in Paddington. Paddington station was full of Liverpool ‘fans’ after the game going back to the South West. Prior to the game I was in a pub in Baker Street. Talking to a bunch of Liverpool fans from Wolverhampton. To me these fans that follow Liverpool (and United) are the definition of glory hunters. They have zero connection to Liverpool as a city. Is it a coincidence that these people choose to support one of the two most successful clubs in the the country and world? No it isn’t, they can’t be bothered supporting their local team and have taken the easy route. The same goes for these presenters who pop up on TS with southern accents and support United or Liverpool. They are glory hunters that get to spout their shite on national radio and the social media fan boys lap it up.
I didn't hear one scouse accent on Wembley way, the only one I heard was wearing a grey shell suit stood outside a pub in King's cross

So their first goal shouldn't have counted? They always seem to get away with something when we play them. I don't care what anyone says, if the shoe were on the other foot, the scousers would be going bananas, full on conspiracy mode and they'd be showing replays of it on Sky.

I'm not sure there's much point making a big deal about it though. At least most City fans can admit when the team has been out played, they were probably good for at least 2 goals in that first half. That Steffan blunder was the last thing City needed though. A 2-0 deficit and a goal early in the 2nd half for City, would have been a different prospect.

I noticed on the City youtube channel, Liverpool fans(they are always on City videos these days... but they don't care about City) were getting triggered by Lescott and co saying City created enough to level the score.

They are trying to make out Liverpool created just as many in the second half. Other than the Zinchenko's moment of madness that nearly gifted Salah a goal, Liverpool didn't really create much off their own backs(besides that counter right at the end). Granted, they didn't need to, given they were in front but it is what it is.

Judging by the spin they used last week, where they were outplayed and happy they didn't get beat. Coming out with waffle like: "City at their best still couldn't beat Liverpool at their worst".

If the shoe were on the other foot, they'd be telling us it says more about City that they were on top for so long, playing their strongest team against a disjointed opponent, 3-0 up at half time and yet they were probably a bit lucky they didn't quite manage to claw it back to 3-3 in the end. "Left clinging on for the win against their opponents B team. That will probably rattle them mentally la, because everything played into their hands and they still very nearly threw it away"

Their spin is so annoying and predictable.
Mate I can't go on any football page/feed/video on the socials without seeing them spouting shit, they've ruined the internet for the general football fan.

I posted the below in the Talksport thread…

I stayed in London over the weekend and have just got back. Our hotel was in Paddington. Paddington station was full of Liverpool ‘fans’ after the game going back to the South West. Prior to the game I was in a pub in Baker Street. Talking to a bunch of Liverpool fans from Wolverhampton. To me these fans that follow Liverpool (and United) are the definition of glory hunters. They have zero connection to Liverpool as a city. Is it a coincidence that these people choose to support one of the two most successful clubs in the the country and world? No it isn’t, they can’t be bothered supporting their local team and have taken the easy route. The same goes for these presenters who pop up on TS with southern accents and support United or Liverpool. They are glory hunters that get to spout their shite on national radio and the social media fan boys lap it up.
I immediately switch off when i get talking to a fan who ‘chose’ a club and has no geographical or family ties to the club/area.
I have very little repect.
I have a pal who supports Liverpool, born n bred stockport. Started supporting liverpool in the mid 80s, wonder why. But he claims it wasnt because they were the best.

i have zero respect for his opinions on football.
You find the glory hunters are the worse type of fan too

Because you and many others obviously don't get that we could have risked DeBruyne etc. and they may have picked up a serious injury that puts them out of the run in for the PL and CL, and we still might not have won - they were obviously battered after the midweek game while Liverpool players were rested, on top of the fact that our match was away. Ederson took a knock and might not have been fully fit, same with others and you don't risk players that are not fully fit when you're chasing the title and CL. So do we try to get through with what we have, or play players who are not ready and risk blowing the lot? There are no guarantees no matter what, but you have to give yourself the best chance of coming out of the season with something, not out of one game. It's not that fucking difficult to work out surely? It was a very respectable scoreline considering the changes we had to make and the fact that half the first choice players were clearly knackered. History is littered with teams who won nothing because it was all one game too far. Pep is clearly trying to make sure that doesn't happen to us.
Nowhere did I bring up him not playing de bruyne as he was clearly touch and go to even make the bench. And it so turns out gundogan had a slight knock too so I can understand them not being included. But to try to infer that any league or champions league challenge would be completely de railed from having started with laporte, mahrez, ederson and rodri is ridiculous. Every game is a risk of suspension and injury and in my view a winning major cup semi final against a side as strong as liverpool is worth that risk - in your words to 'give yourself the best chance of coming out of the season with something' - I do not believe its when you should be ringing changes. With two favourable home league games coming up in my view would have been the time to try and give those players a rest to help them recover - which I'm sure he'll likely do against watford at least for the following week against Real.

But to give an idea of why this isn't clear - have a look at the posts - they don't line up with the goal line because the photo is taken from slightly further up the pitch. This shows that anything above the goal line will appear further to the left the higher it is. That means the ball is going to appear further left in comparison to the goal line than it really is. Given that the whole of the ball has to be over the line, and it's pretty much just there, even in this picture, it looks like it's fine to me.
If you blow it up the ball is a few square pixels, impossible to tell as it it too close with poor resolution.

I took my 6 year old to that game. I had to walk with the hammers fans back to the train station. To a man they were decent. Making sure we could get through. Men shouting “stand by,lad coming through with a little one.” Just all round good eggs. I had a city jacket on and not one bit of shit or snidey comments.

At the train station waiting back got chatting to a few of their boys and they were asking my daughter if she had a good time. One gave her his programme and said he hoped she had a great day out.
That sort of thing leaves an impression and you have faith in football fans.

Compare and contrast that to Saturday and you couldn’t find a wider chasm.
Hammers are true supporters. We all have bad eggs including us. It's the law of averages but Liverpool have an extremely high proportion.

I immediately switch off when i get talking to a fan who ‘chose’ a club and has no geographical or family ties to the club/area.
I have very little repect.
I have a pal who supports Liverpool, born n bred stockport. Started supporting liverpool in the mid 80s, wonder why. But he claims it wasnt because they were the best.

i have zero respect for his opinions on football.
You find the glory hunters are the worse type of fan too
Plastics are the worst kind of fan.
Like yourself,I have no respect for,nor time for these glory hunting fuckers !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.