Coronavirus (2022) thread

An update, I did another test the evening before I went back to work and it was negative, still felt a bit rough but fine feel a lot better for taking the 2nd test, I didn't want to pass it on to someone who it could of affected more.

Waste of time, 3 people who were on shift have covid, one actually tested positive today, even showed me the pics of the results, he had phoned work and was asked "up to you if you come in, do you want to lose money

Seems like nobody gives a fuck about the virus at the moment
I get your issue but at some point things have to go back to this way, if you feel well enough to work then you go in (certain professions excepted if dealing with really vulnerable people) and if you feel like shit you don't go in.

I understand why but the 'Covid fear' mentality will have to be overcome by people.

As the thread is reopened I will post an update from over the long bank holiday.

England hospital patients is the best news. Fell today by 443 to 14,164.

This is V 14,955 the day before Easter.

So overall numbers fell and week to week down from 15,399 last Wednesday.

East and London rose but every other region fell by quite a bit today. North West down 73 to 2103.

Unfortunately ventilated patients are up 13 to 309. These come from East (up 11 to 35) and London (up 14 to 114) from the big admissions today. The other regions fell. North West down 3 to 36.

Deaths are still quite high. Only just below the peak in January of the first Omicron wave but they are still just below that and are starting to show a small fall.

Ignore any numbers in the media as there has been huge catch up over the long weekend when registrar offices were shut for two extra days to the usual weekend closure. So low numbers for several days and big numbers yesterday & today but they balance out pretty flat over the 6 days.

The majority are in the older age ranges: In England today just 5 under 40 from the Easter numbers, 27 aged 40 - 59, 131 aged 60 - 79 and 295 aged over 80.

IF YOU HAVE ANY FAMILY OVER 75 WHO HAS NOT HAD THE BOOSTER YET (THIS IS THE AGE RANGE ELLIGIBlE FOR A FOURTH JAB) I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO TAKE THEM FOR ONE IF YOU CAN. THESE ARE NOW AGAIN VERY MUCH WHERE THE DEATHS ARE MOSTLY OCCURRNG AGAIN AND THE MAIN CASES BEING IDENTIFIED.

Cases are falling obviously as fewer tests. 26,147 in the UK today V 35,926 last Wednesday.

England only 20,767 V 29,335 last Wednesday.

Greater Manchester today was below 1000 for first time in some weeks. On 911 V 1173 last Wednesday.

Manchester 157, Wigan 126 and Stockport 102 the only ones in three figures now.

Last edited:
Other UK nations:

Wales 1041 patients V 1059 last week, 22 Ventilated V 25 last week. Cases 816 over the last 5 days.

N Ireland 380 patients V 491 last week, 2 ventilated V 1 last week. Cases 588 V 770 last week

Scotland 1819 patients V 2110 last week, 20 ventilated V 23 last week. Cases 3976 V 5513 last week

So all generally tracking down,

As you can see Zoe app is showing a steady fall now too. And it is steeper than last week. But still at ahigher prevalence than at any point in the pandemic but the past few weeks.

Predcted new daily cases 227,702 - down 10K on yesterday.

Ongoing symptomatic cases 3,827,489 V 4,606,743 on 4 April - the peak of this second Omicron wave.

No more updates unless there is something to report of real significance.

1650475559085.png

Had tickets for Sparks gig at Albert Halls, postponed twice due to Covid.
Now it's finally taking place tomorrow, and I have caught the feckin thing.
Gutted I will miss it now.

Are they still going? When I was a little kid my Dad and I used to laugh at them on Top of The Pops. Didn't the keyboard player look like Hitler, but a really angry one?

I'm going to have to Google it, because that was ages ago, they must be ancient by now.

Are they still going? When I was a little kid my Dad and I used to laugh at them on Top of The Pops. Didn't the keyboard player look like Hitler, but a really angry one?

I'm going to have to Google it, because that was ages ago, they must be ancient by now.
Never stopped recording or gigging!
Check out their late career epic, Dick Around... Sheer genius.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.