Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

when you waste as many chances as we do these one off games are always going to be an issue.

the first half of the first leg we could have scored 5 or 6 easily - we didnt and its come back to haunt us...

Defensively we were not good at the right moments and once Pep had maed his subs the "b team" wre never evergoing to haul it back....Not Peps fault as he couldnt have predicted that but Sterling, Ferna and Grealish were innaffective...Grealish should have put his chance away and didnt and again that comes back to the first point.....Vinicius Jnr scores that in the first leg.....we didnt then

More concerning is what this does to the squad physically and mentally for the prem league.....Walker injured, Laporte reportedly not moving well at the end of the match...other players completely knackered mentally and physically.

If we dont win the league the scousers will win all 4 as they will beat that Madrid team as defeinsvely as we have shown they are poor..and the scousers have forwards who will take those chances
Easy to say that now but this was against a team that didn't have a shot on target until the 90th. They scabbed it, end of.

For me the one takeaway is I would hate to lose the final against Liverpool, especially if they win all 4 as a result. Better to go out now than be the team that handed it to them.

I'm more pissed off a BT - Mcmamnam sounded really pissed off when he thought RM were going out and the whole commentary was Real Madrid this, Real Madrid that. Not a single shot of the City fans in the crowd even, though that was prob down to the Spanish presenter, but BT have no excuse for clearly favouring RM throughout.

Shit happens.
Unfortunately, it happens to us in Europe too often.

It was a team who have a lot of chances but are wasteful vs one with few chances who are clinical.

Gutted. It was in our hands, but we have only ourselves to blame for letting it slip.

I fully expect Liverpool to win handsomely.

I don't care what our best side is "on paper". Walker-Stones-Dias-Zinchenko was sensational at the back end of last season. We abandoned it, presumably just to keep Cancelo and Laporte happy, but no way would we concede six goals over those two legs if Stones, DIas and Zinchenko started both.
Yeah Stones, go on, we don’t care that you’re injured… you need to play mate. Hop around for 90 minutes if you like

How the fuck does he add 6 minutes at the end of the 90 and only 3 at the end of extra time when I’d be surprised if the ball was in play for more than 5 minutes?! Bent as fuck.

Even so, so fucking embarrassing from the players to let that get away from them. And we never looked like getting anything back. It’s like there’s no fight when things aren’t going our way.

Absolutely wounded at that. Wounded.
3 mins in extra time is more than usual, it’s usually just one. 6 mins were added in after a 45 min half compared to 3 mins at the end of a 15 min period. It should have been more but never likely to be much more.

I think it’s unfair to blame the players for not getting anything back. It’s much easier to come back at the end of 90 mins than after 115 - 120;mins. Both sets of players were dead on their feet. Neither team were fluent which suited the team with the lead

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.