Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

3 mins in extra time is more than usual, it’s usually just one. 6 mins were added in after a 45 min half compared to 3 mins at the end of a 15 min period. It should have been more but never likely to be much more.

I think it’s unfair to blame the players for not getting anything back. It’s much easier to come back at the end of 90 mins than after 115 - 120;mins. Both sets of players were dead on their feet. Neither team were fluent which suited the team with the lead

Stoppage time is determined by the amount of stoppages in the period leading up to it. Simple as that. There was a hell of a lot more than 3 minutes worth of stoppages in that 15 minute period of second half extra time!

Should have won tonight - didn't.
Shoukd have won by 3 ir 4 over two legs - didn't.
We simply don't score enough from the chances we get. Hopefully Alvarez and Haaland will sort this problem.
The injury to Walker was the turning point in the game I think.
Not bringing Ake on, bringing Fernandinho on and charging forward with 7/8 minutes left cost us. As for not scoring enough, sorry mate but there’s a recurring theme here in this competition. Monaco, Spurs and now Madrid. If scoring 5 over two legs is never enough then there’s something a bit more fundamental wrong. Cancello and Zinchenko are really not what you need under a 7/8 minute bombardment and, as good as he might be with his feet, we’re back to having a goalkeeper who’s conceding with almost every shot on target, which is more and more evident every week.

Shithousery from the other team yes. But from the fucking ref???
its called gamesmanship. something we should have employed at 80-90 minutes but no we kept trying to score another. instead of wasting the clock. so many chances to just plonk it in the corner especially from the corner we had at 89 mins. ridiculous.

This result has been a long time coming.

You cannot waste the chances we do and expect to win the biggest games. This tie should have been buried in the first leg. We should have bagged another after Mahrez’s goal tonight.

Every big game we’ve played this season has been in a similar manner. Even the ones we have won, we’ve been extremely wasteful.
Shearer said after the FA Cup semi a lack of an out and out goal scorer will cost us the big prizes.

Proud of the boys for what they have achieved. We cannot slag them for what happened, they tired everything. This is Real Madrid and not any team, they know how to win!

The nerves got to them and I cannot blame them. We will try again next year. We need more time to win the Champions League and we will eventually win it.

I just want to win the PL this year whatever happens cause that's more important for me. Winning more and more PLs will help us build the confidence to believe that we can win the CL.

We just need more time
Out of curiosity, do we not know how to win? Such a bollocks statement that. We don’t need time, we need nerve and bottle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.