Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

Ref - shocking. Under instructions maybe, who knows.

But as Pep said we have to do things without help, on our own. Unfortunately we had it in our hands and let it slip away and we can’t blame a ref for that. Good game management at the end of the 90 would have won the game but we still tried to play and once their first went in you knew the second was coming.

Gutted yes, angry a little. But you know what this how it feels to be City to typically fuck up in spectacular style.

To those who started this journey post 2008 you’ll now have a tiny feeling of what us long suffering fans felt for many years. Will tomorrow be shit when you read the news, and see you bin dipper and rag co workers etc yes it will, just like it was shit going into school after losing a derby 5-0 and having people ask what time is it “5 past Tracey…”

The disappointment will make the next success that little sweeter. Sleep well blues tomorrow is just another day.

We got a corner late on and I was a bit baffled as to why we didn't take that opportunity to keep the ball in the corner for as long as possible, surely that's just basic nous and common sense?! instead we seemed too be going all out for another goal. If we even tried to time waste I didnt notice.

We were arrogant. We thought the game was won and got what we deserved.

Pep man... this is on him. Such unbelievable genius. But cannot make the simple decisions
Hang in a minute. Everyone before there game was raving about the starting 11. There’s only so much the manager can do, when the players step onto the pitch it’s up to them - simples.

KDB was shocking, one of his worst performance in a long time

Foden- offered very little in 120 minutes of football

Mahrez - until his goal, again very little and sloppy slow tempo football.

we are absolutely crying out for a striker, and top class player who converts the 1v1 chances.

I know it’s obvious but we need Haaland so much.

its called gamesmanship. something we should have employed at 80-90 minutes but no we kept trying to score another. instead of wasting the clock. so many chances to just plonk it in the corner especially from the corner we had at 89 mins. ridiculous.
We have been behind the 8 ball for years in this respect.

The first leg came back to bite us , but 2 minutes of madness tonight is inexcusable

We’ve talked ourselves into believing that all we need is a striker but I’m afraid that we need more than that, and after a night like tonight we’ll probably need to make some bigger changes and rebuild, not least mentally.

We need a new leader in the team - Dias was poor for the first goal tonight and fucking idiotic for the penalty. Stones is a better player if he can stay fit.

We need a left back, Sterling for whatever reason has gone to seed and will presumably go, and if we still believe in Grealish then we need to play him. Foden hasn’t pushed on and isn’t as good as he was last season. Same goes for Ederson. Most of these will obviously stay but they need to up their game.

Feel sorry for Bernado tonight as he was brilliant but there weren’t many great performances out there other than him.

Media on BT were unbearable all night, absolute disgrace. At least R Ferdinand just admitted "we didn't really care who went through".

Lol. That’s a lie - they were desperate for Real to go through. I wonder if Spanish TV had pundits eager for City to win? Of course not.

.... they should learn, but for the future,and in this future I don't know if there is a place for sterling, definitely not for old ferna and also for Grealish...im feckin depressed just like some Saturday nights back in 80's.... Ps. I really don't think it was a penalty,and Im not optimistic bout be champions again under those kind of psychology,and without walker, Stones.... Haaland should be there tonight.
The dropping of Stones for Laporte has been my only real criticism of Pep this season. We are sacrificing Dias best position by playing Laporte when its evident the Stones / Dias partnership is out and out our best pairing. Obviously Stones was never in contention for today, but i cant help think his stop start place in the team has contributed to his injuries. I dont see Laporte as a real leader on the pitch, cultured yes but when the pressure is on, he doesnt seem to cope. Where as Stones loves it, it makes him a better player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.