Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

Literally the only thing I’m clinging to is that we don’t have to suffer doing something similar against them lot in the final.

How we’re feeling now x10.

Only Walker has any pace and they are all susceptible to dropping howlers.
Cancelo is a lousy defender, although up the pitch he does some amazing things. Zinny always gives 100%, but in reality he is only a (very reliable) squad player. I would also say the same about Aké, albeit he has improved a fair bit in recent games. Not convinced he will ever get to the level that we really need though to beat the best teams. Stones is injury prone.
The above doesn’t even address the shortcomings of Eddie, but all things considered it isn’t a great setup.
Absolutely spot on Steve

Khm, khm,...,Spurs at home, losing a game in that way has prepared me for this crap tonight. Although i could not believe it could actually happen. The dippers at home, but even before, losing to Spurs after having 143 shots on goal ...Southampton x 2, Crystal Palace x 2, do you see the pattern? Every time it was made hard for us, we obligingly folded up. I understand people here want to put on a brave face, but for me it is not about losing a game, it is about the manner of losing it.
They are one off games - we are not entitled to win every game… it’s where we finish after 38 games and generally this side has delivered in spades….

although I do agree I’m sick of us being naive or not getting the rub of the green in these one off games

I hope we win the league, but that's two game this season where we've let in last minute goals when we really, really should have managed the game out. Dunno if it's a ten year curse for QPR, but if we don't win anything this year I think you can say this team bottled it. 7 points clear in the league and 2 goals clear on 90 minutes should be enough to win it. Let's pray we can cling on. They have a big job to get back up for it on Sunday, and get us over the line.

Only Walker has any pace and they are all susceptible to dropping howlers.
Cancelo is a lousy defender, although up the pitch he does some amazing things. Zinny always gives 100%, but in reality he is only a (very reliable) squad player. I would also say the same about Aké, albeit he has improved a fair bit in recent games. Not convinced he will ever get to the level that we really need though to beat the best teams. Stones is injury prone.
The above doesn’t even address the shortcomings of Eddie, but all things considered it isn’t a great setup.
I disagree about Ake though, he is good, and an international. We just haven't seen much of him. Zinchenko has been forced into his role which isn't his natural position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.