Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

I think we should adopt what used to happen in rugby - treat the player on the pitch and play round them. Or carry them off for a mandatory five minute slot AFTER they have been treated. But my favoured option would be to let the bastards suffer and die! There's also the fake 'head' injuries where players are suffering massive concussion, ref stops the game immediately, runs over, and the bastards roll up onto their feet!
Getting sick and tired of the increasing levels of cheating that’s going on in the game today.

The holding of the face and head when there is no contact, or minimal at best. The flopping, the rolling, the grasping at broken legs that suddenly heal when the ref asks him if he wants the Physio and to leave the field.

And, I’m not just talking about other teams’ players!

Lastly, I’m the furthest thing from a Dyche fan, but I do like how he calls out the bullshit that creeping into the game. He does it with a sense of humor, but it’s pointed nonetheless!

It’d be sour grapes to complain about Casemiro and his THREE non-existent yellow cards, especially when juxtaposed against Sterling’s brilliant tackle…and subsequent foul and yellow card!

There should have been a “pull back” yellow card in the first minute. Ref bottled it and made the rod for his own back (IF it had not been inserted pre-game by UEFA?!), just as Tierney did at Leeds on the weekend!

Can’t complain about any of the decisions around the goals, but he certainly did his damnedest to influence the game throughout, especially by ignoring the Casemiro yellows AND the prevalence of his other fouls.

And, DEBE, while we are talking about Rugby, let’s mic up the officials, make the audio available (unedited!) post-game, and let’s add a layer of transparency to an increasingly gambling funded sport at a time when even objective viewing raises suspicions.

just watched the game back, painful...

thing is we created absolute fuck all after Benzema penalty. lot of playacting, injury pantomime from Real for sure, but we had about 25 minutes after the pen, and we really have not created a good shot.

ok, we brought few players off KDB, Mahrez, Jesus, to set for defending the lead, but the way Real just killed football there, parked the bus, bit of shithousery too, they were so much better at that in that 25 min we didnt come close to actually scoring for good 20 min. not even any meaningful try from us.

not that we would have won the pen shootout...

but I am pretty sure if we score a goal in extra time and come back to 2-2 Real gives a much harder time for next 25 min than we gave them. there was still an option to come back for the pen shootout but we were like oh KDB is off, Mahrez is off, we cannot do it. and clearly we couldnt at all. i didnt like that at all. it was first part of the tie we were actually chasing the game and we had no idea what to do.

we only had to defend and avoid two goals from 89th until 90+6 (6 min added time to 90)
they had to avoid concede one from 95 to 120 min basically and they did a much better job in defending in that 25 min than us clearly in that 6-7 min period.

Finally had the stomach to watch the game back and wow Joao Cancelo has blood on his hands! he has single handedly cost us that game. Walker stays on and we would have been the Final, no exaggeration.

In the cold light of day Real Madrid qualifiying for the final is a travesty , we outplayed them in both games and yet we are out of the competition due to our poor finsishing , exactly the same happened in the two Dipper league games , we outplayed them in both games and missed a hatful of chances.
Sergio Aguero has been a massive miss a regular 30 goal a season predator , we have managed and scored plenty of goals this season and last season and are still in the hunt for another title , but if we had a six yard box goal poacher the title would have been won at Easter , hopefully Alvarez or Haaland will be the last piece of the jigsaw.

Finally had the stomach to watch the game back and wow Joao Cancelo has blood on his hands! he has single handedly cost us that game. Walker stays on and we would have been the Final, no exaggeration.
Replying to your post, but not to personalise this, but what is it with city fans, catastrophising, and scapegoating our own?
Pinning last night on one player seems very harsh mate!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.