Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

Don’t talk shit. Motivation is a huge factor in any sport. You need to be more motivated than your opponent. Any successful team or individual has that. Motivation comes from within but top managers/leaders make you realise it when you need it most.

This is utterly a dumb take.

Are you saying reaching a final and, subsequently, lifting a cup at the end of it (especially if it's coveted) is not motivation in itself??

Are you saying Guardiola should have taken one of the sub shirts, gone on the pitch and cajoled the players into having enough drive and spirit to get to the summit?

This is Guardiola's fault??

Paul Dicov/ Gillingham. Google it. No manager had to tell him.

You must be a relative newbie.

Try anything to get it out my mind…it didn’t work. Much more weak mentally than I first thought. Laporte, cancelo, Rodri, Foden, and others. Not putting blame on them alone but they just looked beat.
Rodri was class, up there with Bernardo. But yes, Laporte and that utter moron cancelo firmly to blame. Agreed

Jesus stats are ok imo.
Played 38
Goals 13
Assists 11
Min per goal 179

His mins per goal stat is only bettered by Mahrez 115 mins
and interestingly Palmer who has made 11 starts and scored 3 with 1 assist. A goal every 138 mins.
I can understand why some people would have liked to see Palmer get a run out last night.

The only stat I can trust is if the player is in and one on one with the keeper, would you bet your house on him scoring
if you answer no then sell him

Rodri was class, up there with Bernardo. But yes, Laporte and that utter moron cancelo firmly to blame. Agreed
I agree he was, but when they scored their second, they just looked lost. The amount we have spent too. I don’t know how you fix it.

Absolutely we have some of the most talented young players in Europe never mind England,the reason pep won’t play them is,he was brought in to win things and he maybe views playing some of the youngsters as lessening that chance of trophies..
Exactly, but he'll never get to know how good they will be in the first team. Palmer has already shown albeit against a league 2 team that he doesn't look out of place with the first team squad. If Mahrez goes this summer the replacement for him is right there, no more spending money on a replacement

Still one of the best players in the world. He can still play at the top level for 3-4 more years. Only have to look at Modric to see that.
One of the best in the world... Perhaps, on his day. He looked nothing like that last night, when it really mattered. Not his fault though. Pep should know better than flog an obviously 70% player to death from the start.

Modric? Totally different player, playing with / covered by technically equal players, in a totally different, less competitive league.

That's why Modric is a more technically efficient player than De Bruyne in my opinion.

Exactly, but he'll never get to know how good they will be in the first team. Palmer has already shown albeit against a league 2 team that he doesn't look out of place with the first team squad. If Mahrez goes this summer the replacement for him is right there, no more spending money on a replacement
Introduce Palmer slowly over next season and (subject to progress) bring him in more in 23/24.

The only stat I can trust is if the player is in and one on one with the keeper, would you bet your house on him scoring
if you answer no then sell him
Jesus has scored plenty one on ones with the keeper, there’s a contract for him to sign, Kevin wants him to stay and so does Pep, but you want him gone, I think I’ll listen to the professionals thank you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.