Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

I'm very firmly in the 'PL is better than the CL' camp. As such, I'd rather see a fit(ter) KDB playing in the last 4 games rather than risk him in one.

We've supposedly got/had the best squad in the PL... Last night showed a lack of depth, and matters have got a lot worse, possibly losing De Bruyne and Walker at least.

I'd only risk important players in the last game of the season and only if it was a must win match.

I've got a horrible feeling that by starting with De Bruyne, Pep was prepared to effectively write off the PL last night in his pursuit of the owner's CL dream.

Gundogan should have started, with KDB on the bench in case of emergency.

Just my opinion though... However, it's easy to post in hindsight.
The CL is a dream for any sane City fan who isn't in denial as to its importance, not just our owner.

hope that players on their way back, they gonna watch their defending in last few minutes.

you just cannot concede these at this level.

also Mahrez, Foden, Grealish looking on repeat the chances they had and missed in the tie overall. that cost as just as much if not more.

in the home leg, it was criminal to only have 1 goal lead in the end. even Real couldnt believe it happened.

if i have choose it was more criminal to only win 4-3 at home based on the chances we had and they had, then conceding two in Bernabeu albeit the timing of the latter is also criminal on its own.

lesson has to be learned, when your opponent is there for taking you finish them with killer instinct or let them off and face the hell they can put you through.
and Real pulled their killer instinct out of the bag again after PSG, Chelsea, as in those ties there were periods when Chelsea, PSG had the chance to act but they didnt.

PSG especially completely dominated the home tie vs Real, should have won by 2-3 goals instead of a 1-0, and atuallly real had no shots whatsoever in that game unlike the 3 goals at Etihad they managed to score.

Btw why was KDB so bad today?
all twitter was like, omg a fresh, rested KDB ready to run the show in Bernabeu, he was probably our worst while he was on. ball bounced off of him, given away passes, outran by Modric few times etc.
must have had some injury in him from the start.

Everyone had the chances to finish Real off in knockout stages but they didnt shake when they needed to bring their killer instinct in crucial moments unlike PSG, Chelsea and us.
and that is experience and mentality.

I rate Ancelotti's work very highly, how he had to build a new defence with Varane/Ramos gone recently, and how he has two absolute expensive deadwood sitting around in Bale and Hazard and still wins the title by 15 points lead and gets to CL final with a hell of fixture list and he keeps getting the best out of and old midfield and making Benzema reaching this form etc.
And they about to get Rudiger and Mbappe for a transfer fee of zero who both will add more to their team and we spend 100m on Grealish who added I am not sure what to City.
(Alaba for free last year too,good business)

We could use these kind of free transfers, Txiki probably would not care unless there is a release clause on them.

have not expected this from Ancelotti last year when he was at fucking Everton.
I must have read a hundred variations on this theme tonight alone. What the hell is wrong with everybody? This was nothing to do with learning lessons, great/poor coaching or not finishing, they got lucky. Courtois made a fantastic save from Grealish, one of several on the night while another defender saved one on the line. Meanwhile they did nothing of note all night and got one back at the death then got a lucky deflection with the second. Unless you're talking about programming robots to do an exact thing every time, this has been the case with football since day one. "You need a bit of luck...." - it's one of the most repeated phrases in football and for a reason. They scabbed it, nothing more, nothing less.

Football is not an exact science and the minute people realise that we might get somewhere. If it was, the team that cracked it would win every match and every trophy every year. Pep did nothing wrong, Grealish did nothing wrong, and under the circumstances in a difficult arena against serial winners, nobody else did. They didn't have a shot on target until the 90th minute FFS! Get real! 99 times out of 100 we win that, just now and again the gods shine on the other team and they get the bit of luck that's needed. Even their fans weren't expecting it, they were leaving. If this were the norm they wouldn't have been because they would have expected it.

People talk about Mbappe but if the chips are down he goes AWOL. PSG haven't won it. You could change all 11 players and play the best game you've ever played and still lose. That's why the league title is hardest to win, you have to do it over 38 matches, not half a dozen. RM don't have any great competition in La Liga at the moment that's why they won the league by 15 points. We were the better team throughout, there's no way over 180 minutes they deserved anything from that tie over the 2 matches, and most times in the same circumstances that's exactly what they'd get.

The only other thing I would add is a decent referee would have seen them down to 10 men in the first half, and then you have a different match. Or Walker wouldn't have got injured. Or Courtois wouldn't have had one of his best games. These are the things that make a difference, it's about fine margins, not Pep, Grealish or whoever else you people want to blame this week. I know we're all upset but don't do the team a dis-service, they don't deserve that. This is a team that given us more than we could have ever dreamed of back in '99 when we were scrapping in the play off final to get out of the 3rd division, and the way it happened last night makes it seem 100 times worse, but you couldn't swap this period in our history for anything. Enjoy it while it lasts, if you're waiting for us to get the perfect team and clean up every season you're going to be very disappointed.

The CL is a dream for any sane City fan who isn't in denial as to its importance, not just our owner.
Rubbish. You're going to be dreaming for a long time then.

It's a fraud of a competition, designed to attract football tourists and benefit the UEFA 'elite'. It attracts little interest from most regular supporters until the knockout rounds. You only have to look at the level of take-up for the CL scheme by season ticket holders.

Domestic competition is infinitely better. I'd much rather City be champions of our own country than winners of a bent competition.

Nothing to do with UEFA,luck,fate,dodgy ref, we royally fucked it up.
I blamed Pep after last year but not this time.
We did nothing in extra time..just nothing.Needing a goal Sterling and Grealish did nothing.We didn’t look like scoring as Real pressed and we had no answer.
Of course luck plays a part as does iffy refereeing. Their second was a lucky deflection, the pen was 50:50 and could easily have not been given, and even the commentary said that one of their defenders did enough to get 4 yellows in the game - they go down to 10 and it's a different game.

Grealish came very close to scoring twice, quite appalled at how many are slating him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.