Referees are reminded to make an early intervention and to deal firmly with
holding offences, especially inside the penalty area at corner kicks and free
kicks. To deal with these situations:
• the referee must warn any player holding an opponent before the ball
is in play
• caution the player if the holding continues before the ball is in play
• award a direct free kick or penalty kick and caution the player if it
happens once the ball is in play
I've not watched it back but IF Attwell blew for the corner to be taken I'd argue the ball would be deemed as in-play and if we fucked about taking it we could be booked for time wasting?

As a Toon fan I " probably " speak for a lot of Toon fans. All we want is to get to a position where can play you and be competitive. Our games are uncompetitive and we have no chance of winning. IF we can buy quality - four or five quality players - over the next couple of transfer windows then maybe we can give you a game. Not going to mention your spending power because it's been done to death and frankly boring none the less, at least our owners can enable us to compete. Your football is fantastic to watch, and for many of us watching it's not jealousy, I for one think your great to watch, but even for you guys there is only 5 or 6 teams who can give you a game, we hope to be one of them
I hope that as many teams as possible can give us a game (except the 2 sky clubs).
What is the point in a 1 or 2 team league?
Anyway I hope that you get the players you want (not easy even with cash!) and thanks for helping us with our GD ; - )

certainly bigger than most of us

Newcastle-fans.png
Is that Jimmy ten bellies...

Holding an opponent
Referees are reminded to make an early intervention and to deal firmly with
holding offences, especially inside the penalty area at corner kicks and free
kicks. To deal with these situations:
• the referee must warn any player holding an opponent before the ball
is in play
• caution the player if the holding continues before the ball is in play
• award a direct free kick or penalty kick and caution the player if it
happens once the ball is in play
So if a player makes a run into the penalty area at a corner/throw, in anticipation of the corner/throw being taken quickly and is held a direct free or penalty cannot be given.

I have seen lots of players make runs to get on the end of quick free kicks etc, they start the run before the kick is taken. If a player is fouled before the kick is taken, it should be penalised as preventing a goal scoring opportunity. The attacking team should not be penalised by not being given the penalty or free kick.

If Rodri had been fouled as he started his run to meet the corner for our third goal, before Debruyne took the kick, the referee could have blown to book the player and the goal would not have stood?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.