Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, a proper CF. I don’t mind Jesus but this is a next level signing. Forget the statement it makes (and it’s a big one), it immediately and drastically improves our squad, starting 11 and gives us options.

I can remember a few transfers that generated this much noise where they lived up to it.

Figo to Madrid
Zidane to Madrid
Real Ronaldo to Barca
Real Ronaldo to Madrid
C Ronaldo to Madrid
Maradona to Napoli
Van Basten to Milan
Gullit to Milan

They all lived up to the hype, and Haaland is the same bracket as those players for his generation.

This is one of the biggest days in the history of the club, days like these have never come before, and they may never come again.

Enjoy it!
Oh, I’m enjoying it! I’m just not gloating, throwing shade, or acting like our shit doesn’t stink!

BTW, they were all hyped and lived up to it…rear view mirror and all that! Let’s not write history that’s not be made yet!

I’m as excited as the next guy by his potential in the PL and what it portends for the club. I’m just not into writing history before a ball is kicked, a trophy won, or the headlines written. That’s RAG behavior, not City behavior, IMHO.

Finally, a proper CF. I don’t mind Jesus but this is a next level signing. Forget the statement it makes (and it’s a big one), it immediately and drastically improves our squad, starting 11 and gives us options.
I've always believed that City were exactly right to wait for the right player rather than panic and just buy someone to fill the gap. I said last season that I would rather have Haaland than Kane, and I think that's why City hung on rather than pay an overrated price for an overrated striker. Well chuffed.

Oh, I’m enjoying it! I’m just not gloating, throwing shade, or acting like our shit doesn’t stink!

BTW, they were all hyped and lived up to it…rear view mirror and all that! Let’s not write history that’s not be made yet!

I’m as excited as the next guy by his potential in the PL and what it portends for the club. I’m just not into writing history before a ball is kicked, a trophy won, or the headlines written. That’s RAG behavior, not City behavior, IMHO.
No one’s writing any history, but this is as big and as much of a sure thing as any of those in that list imo.

I can’t remember a player in the history of the game with the age and talent of Haaland who’s gone on to be a flop.

I love how stumped the journalists are. They were all expecting to be able to say this cost us a squillion billion quid and how we’re ruining football and then it turns out we got a bargain and they have no idea what to say.
Absolutely fucking brilliant isn’t it! We knew they’d be hurt. And they can’t even go to town on us over the money because it’s the steal of the century! And the daft fuckers that are, are just making themselves look like the clueless fuckwits they are!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.