Wolves (A) | Post Match Thread

Smashing post mate. Funny how we all read games differently. I thought, for him, Zinc was relatively poor last night. His distribution was not to his usual high standard and he got done defensively a number of times. Agree with all your comments about Kev though. In a way, the RM result has galvanised him and I think he is at his absolute peak these last few games.
I think Zinch did alright last night, in any other team when faced with a winger that outpaces you, the manager would drag a midfielder back to help you out, obviously the aim was to go forward last night so that was not an option, so he did the best he could with the situation, given he is a midfielder playing left back.

I think Zinch did alright last night, in any other team when faced with a winger that outpaces you, the manager would drag a midfielder back to help you out, obviously the aim was to go forward last night so that was not an option, so he did the best he could with the situation, given he is a midfielder playing left back.
He is one of my favourite players. Heart of a lion.

I was watching thinking this is Kev's Yaya moment, as in that game away at Newcastle where through sheer force of personality Yaya dragged us to a 2-0 win. Kev not only equalled that, he surpassed it. City as a whole though last night were a team of real beauty, the movement of the front players created the space for Kev to do his thing. Wolves just could not cope with the constant interchanging of Phil, Bernardo and Raheem, this not only created space for Kev, but space also for Cancelo and Zincho. I thought it was possibly Zincho's best ever game for us, he was superb. Gundo and Rodri ticked things over beautifully which meant given our defensive injuries we were never really under pressure. Attack is the best form of defence and if the other team do not have the ball, we can cope without defenders.

Wolves are a team we have struggled against in recent seasons, but its no exaggeration that last night could easily have been double figures, we were that good. We were relentless in winning the ball back which in a way was encapsulated by Kev picking up a yellow for a cynical challenge, dark arts from the white knight.

Onto Kev, never in my lifetime did I imagine I would see a better player in sky blue than Bell, Yaya came close, Silva was a genius, Kev last night was Bell with bells on. Everything he did was magical, from his goals to his almost assists for Foden and he was ably assisted by willing forward thinking players who never stopped trying to create space and overloads. It is almost laughable that the rags had the temerity to think Bruno was in the same league as Kev, sorry, he aint on the same planet.

Treasure last night, it was peak Pep and a performance that will send shudders through the PL . Highest top division scorers in Europe and we adding Haaland.

Fuck me its great times to be a Blue.
Spot on. The crowning glory for me, on his performance last night was the booking. The shithousery courses that the Manager and players have been on recently are really bearing fruit.

Kev thought that if they scored again it may take the shine off his performance, so took the guy out. No apology - just walk right on by, giving them the 'respect' they deserved. A proper all round performance.

As for the Bell comparison, I feel like I am cheating on the wife, if I think of anybody better than Colin, I can't ignore it any longer.

Having watched most of peps games in the flesh I think that was probably the finest football this country has ever seen the short passing over say 4 ft to work their way out was off the scale ,the desire and passion for the full 90 mins was incredible ,it would be just plain wrong for football if the dippers with their give it to Trent let him smash it anywhere style somehow won it ,fair play to the wolves fans in the box behind us who too a man gave the city players a standing ovation :+)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.