The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am quite looking forward to a scenario where we beat West Ham by a goal or two, meaning that Liverpool need to win their last game of the season 5 or 6 nil whilst we lose. The fact that they would go into that game with a glimmer of hope which would casually bludgeon throughout the afternoon would be nice, a bit like Brighton a couple of years ago.
Lots of cheers from anfield when they wrongly hear we have gone behind only to hear a minute later that the news is wrong

Southampton and Wolves woud be like cannon fodder to them. As good as we were, Wolves looked particularly poor. We will have a good idea where we stand after the West Ham match

Southampton could be harder than many think, especially if City do pick up points at West Ham.

Liverpool play Saturday night in the FA Cup Final and will likely be without Fabinho. It's a quick turnaround for them, especially if there is extra time at Wembley.

I suspect if City win on Sunday, Liverpool will start to play the percentages and go lighter if they lose the FA Cup final and with a Champions League final to also factor.

Last night's win at Wolves was huge. We have a margin of error that means Liverpool can't go all out for goals against Southampton without leaving the back door also open.

We are Manchester City and we will destroy those who stand before us*. How anyone thinks the title is in doubt is beyond me.

We just thrashed Wolves (banana skin) Newcastle (banana skin) Leeds (shite) Watford (more shite but not as dirty) and Brighton (banana skin).

Fuck 'em, fuck the lot of 'em. There's never been a team like this and next season we'll be even better with the arrival of the Striking Viking.

*discounting tinpot cups like the ones we got knocked out of, which is basically all of them this time around.

We are Manchester City and we will destroy those who stand before us*. How anyone thinks the title is in doubt is beyond me.

We just thrashed Wolves (banana skin) Newcastle (banana skin) Leeds (shite) Watford (more shite but not as dirty) and Brighton (banana skin).

Fuck 'em, fuck the lot of 'em. There's never been a team like this and next season we'll be even better with the arrival of the Striking Viking.

*discounting tinpot cups like the ones we got knocked out of, which is basically all of them this time around.
It is because we are City that we have doubts.

You must be new here...

Southampton could be harder than many think, especially if City do pick up points at West Ham.

Liverpool play Saturday night in the FA Cup Final and will likely be without Fabinho. It's a quick turnaround for them, especially if there is extra time at Wembley.

I suspect if City win on Sunday, Liverpool will start to play the percentages and go lighter if they lose the FA Cup final and with a Champions League final to also factor.

Last night's win at Wolves was huge. We have a margin of error that means Liverpool can't go all out for goals against Southampton without leaving the back door also open.
Yes, last night basically turned it into "win one of two" which would be a freak not to achieve.

There is the distinct possibility of us winning the league next Wednesday night without kicking a ball, and allowing the likes of Fernandinho, Jesus and anyone else on there way out to have a last hurrah without pressure at the Villa game.

Needs must. We'll be a mess at the back with what's fully fit.

If any of the lads have 45 mins in their legs it would be a massive help.

The fact they are injured and out for the season suggests they don't have any minutes in them!

Would be lovely if Pep had played us and they came back in though.

The CL final with the back 4 we might have... probably best leaving Real to do the dippers. I wouldn't have fancied our chances.

Yes, last night basically turned it into "win one of two" which would be a freak not to achieve.

There is the distinct possibility of us winning the league next Wednesday night without kicking a ball, and allowing the likes of Fernandinho, Jesus and anyone else on there way out to have a last hurrah without pressure at the Villa game.
Actually it's next Tuesday.

We win the league if we draw against the Hammers and they lose.
We win the league if we beat the Hammers and they lose or draw.

Edit: At least that's how I see it, I've had three pints of Leffe and a Wetherspoons Chicken Tikka Masala.

No slip ups City. I don't fancy it going to GD. The Dippers will score a bucket load against Southampton. Just say they win by 4 down there and we get beat 1-0 by West Ham - neither result is unbelievable. Goes down to the last day with us two goals ahead.

I'd rather still be where we are, but a draw at West Ham would be great. I'd much rather Southampton done that lot, but I can't see it. When did the Dippers last lose a league game??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.