Wolves (A) | Post Match Thread

That surprised me Wolves have always defended ruthlessly, either they are on holiday or the manager is getting sacked.

Great performance, considering the defensive issues we have. But what really confused me is why didn't we put Mbete on? What's the point of having him on the bench if he doesn't even get game time when we are 4/5 goals up and in desperate need of cb's? Is he really THAT far behind that he can't see out a game with 15mins left?

Great performance, considering the defensive issues we have. But what really confused me is why didn't we put Mbete on? What's the point of having him on the bench if he doesn't even get game time when we are 4/5 goals up and in desperate need of cb's? Is he really THAT far behind that he can't see out a game with 15mins left?
He won’t qualify for a PL medal so it’s pointless.

That surprised me Wolves have always defended ruthlessly, either they are on holiday or the manager is getting sacked.
This team has just reached the end of its cycle.

Mentioned beforehand that the fans had really turned on the players after Brighton but we clung on to the fact we played well against Chelsea. Clearly, that was the anomaly and we hadn't turned the corner!

We don't think Neves is fully fit. Moutinho and Boly are not what they were and Coady is nowhere near as effective in a team that plays slightly higher. All four were/are key players and crucial to the defensive unit we've had, so you can see why it's a problem!

The manager also didn't help by picking an attacker (Chiquinho) at wing-back and Jonny, a right-back, at centre-back.

We're expecting a summer of big change to go more attacking. Will no doubt make it easier for you in the future than it has been, but it's something we need to do as we're a dull watch more often than not even against teams we should be superior than. Our goals return is embarrassing considering the attacking talent we have individually.

Anyway, fair play for last night. Watching De Bruyne last night was one of the few times since we've been up that you actually see a world-class player destroy your team. Obviously was shit for us but have to appreciate the quality.

Couldn't believe some of the outrageous decisions that went against us (again) but the reality is a four-goal winning margin was the least you deserved.

If you’re having a bad day pop over to Redcafe for a laugh. Theyre actually having a serious debate that Bruno Fernandes is better than Kev.

Poor deluded fools. No wonder the club is sinking being pulled down by the weight of arrogance and delusion by their owners and fans.
Well, there were claims Keane and Beckham were better football players than Kev! :) Unbelievable Jeff!

Mentioned beforehand that the fans had really turned on the players after Brighton but we clung on to the fact we played well against Chelsea. Clearly, that was the anomaly and we hadn't turned the corner!

We don't think Neves is fully fit. Moutinho and Boly are not what they were and Coady is nowhere near as effective in a team that plays slightly higher. All four were/are key players and crucial to the defensive unit we've had, so you can see why it's a problem!

The manager also didn't help by picking an attacker (Chiquinho) at wing-back and Jonny, a right-back, at centre-back.

We're expecting a summer of big change to go more attacking. Will no doubt make it easier for you in the future than it has been, but it's something we need to do as we're a dull watch more often than not even against teams we should be superior than. Our goals return is embarrassing considering the attacking talent we have individually.

Anyway, fair play for last night. Watching De Bruyne last night was one of the few times since we've been up that you actually see a world-class player destroy your team. Obviously was shit for us but have to appreciate the quality.

Couldn't believe some of the outrageous decisions that went against us (again) but the reality is a four-goal winning margin was the least you deserved.
Always interesting to hear from an opposition fan, especially the refereeing stuff. If you ever read any of the post match threads on here, or the Rags or Dippers threads you'll see that our fans think we're harshly done by. However, if you wander over to Ragcaf for RAWK you'll no doubt see they think the same.

Do you believe the bigger teams get more decisions? I have never believed the bullshit about it evening itself out over the course of a season. I genuinely think refs will give the bigger teams 50/50 decisions. Also, what do you lot think about VAR?

What decisions went against you? Certainly not the two penalty shouts that the TV replays proved the ref made the right decision on both

Not at all. At this stage and with this pressure, it’s all about increasing the trust and bond between the relatively small group of players who have got us to the cusp. Even bringing on Grealish and Ake strengthens that bond and means that they feel even more part of what is happening.

Always interesting to hear from an opposition fan, especially the refereeing stuff. If you ever read any of the post match threads on here, or the Rags or Dippers threads you'll see that our fans think we're harshly done by. However, if you wander over to Ragcaf for RAWK you'll no doubt see they think the same.

Do you believe the bigger teams get more decisions? I have never believed the bullshit about it evening itself out over the course of a season. I genuinely think refs will give the bigger teams 50/50 decisions. Also, what do you lot think about VAR?
Without doubt I believe the decisions go to the bigger teams.

Just using you as the example.

The penalty decision at Goodison Park was a joke. The penalty decision against us for handball was a joke. Like inexplicably bad calls.

Sticking with that. Another inexplicably bad call was the decision not to send Milner off at Anfield and I'm sure there's more for you at Anfield.

I remember reading Vieira talk about there being levels to it (in his playing days). He felt Arsenal got the benefit against a lot in the league but whenever they played United they were the ones to suffer.

I feel it's similar here. You are probably the Arsenal in this situation! You get the decisions against the likes of us/Everton but still are not at Liverpool's level!

Our fans generally hate VAR, I'm not so much against it. I look back at some of the decisions that were given to bigger teams in the day and whilst I still believe they're favoured now, usually most disgraceful calls can't happen. You can't ever get stitched up properly with offsides now for example, which I like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.