Running thread

Still not managed to gget back out there. During marathon training, particularly the last few weeks I had a strange "pain" in my left leg which almost felt like it wasn't fully stretched out. It didn't hurt but would be a bit uncomfortable when sitting or lying down. Never felt it when running though.

After the marathon it was slightly worse but then went out for a 5K PB attempt which I managed but subsequently the pain has been a lot more severe. I can't walk without feeling it and it stretches all the way behind my knee and down my calf. I'm guessing it's a torn hamstring... just trying to stretch it and strengthen (lightly) at the moment. Gutted though as I wanted to kick on and start getting my shorter distance times down. Got my 5K down to 21mins from 23. My 10k to 48 mins (and a sub-50 10k was relatively comfortable for me). Next focus was on a sub 1.45 or even sub 1.40 HM. But as it is I'll be back to struggling to do a sub 25 5K I reckon.

Might go out and just see what happens... it isn't a pain that is agony, just a real nuisance and not comfortable.

Still not managed to gget back out there. During marathon training, particularly the last few weeks I had a strange "pain" in my left leg which almost felt like it wasn't fully stretched out. It didn't hurt but would be a bit uncomfortable when sitting or lying down. Never felt it when running though.

After the marathon it was slightly worse but then went out for a 5K PB attempt which I managed but subsequently the pain has been a lot more severe. I can't walk without feeling it and it stretches all the way behind my knee and down my calf. I'm guessing it's a torn hamstring... just trying to stretch it and strengthen (lightly) at the moment. Gutted though as I wanted to kick on and start getting my shorter distance times down. Got my 5K down to 21mins from 23. My 10k to 48 mins (and a sub-50 10k was relatively comfortable for me). Next focus was on a sub 1.45 or even sub 1.40 HM. But as it is I'll be back to struggling to do a sub 25 5K I reckon.

Might go out and just see what happens... it isn't a pain that is agony, just a real nuisance and not comfortable.
Maybe go and see a physio as they may have a better idea of what it is and what you can/can't do to deal with it.

Hahaha yep where's the fun in that advice, if I was you I would use the "physio money" to go buy a new pair of trainers and maybe give the leg a blast of the foam roller every now and again

Exactly! They can look pretty in the box while I stumble around whingeing and getting the death stare from the other half.

Reactions: ob

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.