Running thread

I've just lost my Parkrun virginity by completing the Stafford Isobel Trail run. Bit warm our there today but at least I didn't finish last & I really enjoyed it.
Up in Manchester next weekend for the match so going to give the Stretford one a go.
Nice work mate, Stretford will be a "walk in the park" after doing a trail one, a lot of folk tell me it's quick, which usually means flat and simple enough.

Had a shite week for running this week, few motivation issues that will pass, went for the retail therapy cure. Shiney new pair of hoka tecton x arrived this morning, finally a pair of hokas that fit!! Will take them out for a blast tomorrow, carbon platesx2 in a trail shoe, what's not to like

Had a shite week for running this week, few motivation issues that will pass, went for the retail therapy cure. Shiney new pair of hoka tecton x arrived this morning, finally a pair of hokas that fit!! Will take them out for a blast tomorrow, carbon platesx2 in a trail shoe, what's not to like
Are there any trails or country side nearby that you can explore? Do you run the same route on road regularly which could get a bit repetitive?

Trail running motivates me most these days. I try to explore or try different routes sometimes, but mostly it's the scenery and nature I enjoy. I like to see the changes throughout the year with the different seasons.

Nice work mate, Stretford will be a "walk in the park" after doing a trail one, a lot of folk tell me it's quick, which usually means flat and simple enough.
Stretford is too crowded to get a fast time, in my view. Last time I did it there were almost 700 runners. Alexandra Park is good for PBs. It's all tarmac, and the paths are very wide.

I did the Didsbury Parkrun this morning - my first time there. Nice shaded paths, and perfect weather. I'm still waiting for the official result (at 15:43) but my own timing was 26:29, which is my best run for two years. I like to push myself at Parkruns and take it easier on my individual runs. I'm delighted with that time though.

Stretford is too crowded to get a fast time, in my view. Last time I did it there were almost 700 runners. Alexandra Park is good for PBs. It's all tarmac, and the paths are very wide.

I did the Didsbury Parkrun this morning - my first time there. Nice shaded paths, and perfect weather. I'm still waiting for the official result (at 15:43) but my own timing was 26:29, which is my best run for two years. I like to push myself at Parkruns and take it easier on my individual runs. I'm delighted with that time though.
Great time, for an Old Timer :-)

Been working on my half marathons as of late and managed to do it quite a few times, which am very pleased with.

Looking forward to doing the Manchester Run as well :)

Post a review Gaz and tag me. Just got a pair of zero drop Altra Superior 5s. Want to transition to zero drops or at least make my legs a little more versatile and injury resistant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.