Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just what other fans used to do to us. Win the domestic cups and they’re meaningless. Win the league and it’s irrelevant unless you win it back to back. It’s just a set of constantly moving, arbitrary goalposts. There’s no shame in acknowledging the achiegements of your rivals, you know.

'There’s no shame in acknowledging the qualities of your rivals'.

So why can't Liverpool fans do that when they talk and post about Pep and City?

Honest, I've got nothing against you. I met you and spoke to you once at the CFA, remember, and you came across as a decent and knowledable guy. But by God, you don't half cut Liverpool and their fans some slack on here in person and via your website.

Did anyone see a banner a FOC was holding up in the Liverpool end before the start of the FA Cup Final?

It read......

WE BALANCE OUR BOOKS

'There’s no shame in acknowledging the qualities of your rivals'.

So why can't Liverpool fans do that when they talk and post about Pep and City?

Honest, I've got nothing against you. I met you and spoke to you once at the CFA, remember, and you came across as a decent and knowledable guy. But by God, you don't half cut Liverpool and their fans some slack on here in person and via your website.
I can’t stand Liverpool personally, but I just prefer to see a bit more nuanced discussion than some of the vermin/scum/murderers etc dialogue we often get. They’re not any better, of course. The City threads on their forums are just as bad.

Guess it’s just the nature of social media now. People tend to be a bit more extreme online. Spoke to a few Liverpool fans at Wembley recently and they were all reasonable enough.

I’m all in favour of ridiculing the sanctimonious shit their fans come out with, and highlighting some of the rank hypocrisies, but if we’re at the stage where we can’t even acknowledge that they’re currently a very good team then I give up.

I can’t stand Liverpool personally, but I just prefer to see a bit more nuanced discussion than some of the vermin/scum/murderers etc dialogue we often get. They’re not any better, of course. The City threads on their forums are just as bad.

Guess it’s just the nature of social media now. People tend to be a bit more extreme online. Spoke to a few Liverpool fans at Wembley recently and they were all reasonable enough.

I’m all in favour of ridiculing the sanctimonious shit their fans come out with, and highlighting some of the rank hypocrisies, but if we’re at the stage where we can’t even acknowledge that they’re currently a very good team then I give up.
Victim fc the end and I will acknowledge there achievements once they do the same for 1985

There is a section of their fans I really dislike but I admire the way Liverpool play the game, different than us obviously but attractive to watch. Klopp is a guy I like generally. And Steve Nicholl always has good words for City.

Victim fc the end and I will acknowledge there achievements once they do the same for 1985
Heysel was a truly shameful episode that they’ve never properly apologised for, and is an absolute stain on that club. So when they talk of themselves as “European royalty” it’s a phenomenal lack of self-awareness and extremely crass.

This is a thread about Liverpool in the 2021/22 season specifically though so we don’t need to be having the same debates over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.