The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also an opportunity for them to stick it up to Grealish - in any case they will have more of a motivation to actually play than Southampton and Wolves - plus look at their form vs. Wolves/Southamptons.

Oh they will 100% be motivated, I don't doubt that for a second. They will go for it. And they should.

My point is, this whole win it for liverpool is really just tv narrative. Nobody mentioned a douglas luiz own goal yet?

All of that aside, it is a game of football both sides will want to win, and villa won't want to lose. Same as Brighton was, same as West Ham was, same as QPR was. This is no different.

Edit, disagree they will havr mord motivation than Southampton and wolves. Which Liverpool will beat. Because they are the better team, not because they rolled over.

I’d expect most of the villa players are still very good friends with Jack and will be genuinely pleased for him if he wins the PL
Which goes to show that anyone can pick a narrative if they look hard enough. While in the press and amongst the fans (both ours and Liverpool’s) it all seems to be about Gerrard, who’s to say that half the Villa team don’t quite put in the requisite effort? And regarding Gerrard, I’d be a lot more concerned if he was actually playing on Sunday as he’d have a far bigger chance of directly influencing things as opposed to being on the touchline

Need a good strong positive team mentality for last game forget about the Madrid game forget about the draw this weekend and demolish villa time to show the world the dominant force we usually are

The only reason Villa will be up for the game and seemingly put in more effort than usual is because its a final showpiece game that they know everyone will be watching. Not because they want to help Liverpool or hate us for buying Grealish.

They play Thursday though in their final home game against a Burnley fighting for their lives. Villa won't want to put in a bad performance in their last game in front of their fans so that game will take a lot out of them, while we have a 7 day rest.

There's no excuse no matter what Villa turn up. It's a cup final for us at home against a lesser side.

I have a horrible feeling we are going to bottle it. Hope I’m wrong but everything fucking thing is going Liverpool way this year. VAR can also fuck us over
If you’re worried that we might bottle it, then stick £100 on Liverpool to win the title at 7/1. If your bet loses, you’ve lost £100 but so what - City have won the league which more than compensates (and believe me, it does more than compensate - I lost hundreds of pounds betting against us during the 18/19 title run-in but didn’t give a shit at the end of that season). If your bet wins then your worst fears have been confirmed and although the winnings won’t come close to compensating, at least it pays for next year’s season ticket.

Southampton won't though and I cannot see Liverpool drop points again. They already gifted us two. Southampton will probably roll over and die - they haven't got anything to play for really.

The media will hype up our game against Villa as the game where "STEVIE G" can win the title for Liverpool - and he will make Villa play like their lives depend on it - guaranteed.
It’s not guaranteed though, is it? How can you say that with such certainty when Villa, like Southampton, have nothing to play for.

Anyone going on about rest and days between matches in games of this magnitude, especially with the recovery facilities and aid for peak fitness now has no idea/experience/understanding, whatsoever of elite, or any kind of sport. Most probably the last picks when sides were being chosen at school and after.
Every fcking week on here.
A player doesn't score a hatrick = needs a rest.
A player misplaces a pass = needs a rest
A foul throw = needs a rest.

Last edited:
I expect Liverpool to win both games so we will need to beat Villa.

We should score at least 2 goals against their defence so a clean sheet or limiting them to one goal will do it.

They have a tricky game v Burnley on Thursday that will take a lot out of them and all this Gerrard doing it for Liverpool guff is just media pissing in the wind.

I’m confident we’ll get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.