North Stand Expansion

To be fair I think the entire population of Essex supports West Ham. We don't really have that kind of backing.
The new stadium has been the making of them as a club. Maybe they have initiatives that draws in the 60,000+ fans that were not always backing their team. Credit to there owners for executing there strategy. Our owners need to be creative in the manner of bringing local and older fans back to support the team.

To be fair I think the entire population of Essex supports West Ham. We don't really have that kind of backing.
My MiL lives near the old Upton Park ground and have always had the sense it's quite a well-off fanbase - a lot of cockneys who have done very well out of the City of London and everything else being on their doorstep, hence the move to Essex. Manchester hasn't had an economic driver of that scale. But we have got 2.5m people and counting in GM, a commuter zone from Derbyshire to North Wales, fantastic football and the local rival on their knees. The club should be proactively trying to build that matchgoing backing now, converting the many young armchair fans into fresh air fans with friendly pricing imo.

West Ham have possibly the worst owners in the Premier League. However it can’t be denied they have managed to somehow get all Hammers onboard for their journey despite their terrible stadium.

They are looking to put extra seats in their terrible stadium whilst we have ripped seats out of ours and have still struggled to fill the seats for most games this season.

Our Management should really have a closer look at what they have done to get to the position they are in.

There is no doubt we have completely ballsed up supporter engagement somewhere down the line.

There shouldn’t be a spare seat anywhere at Etihad and a new stand being built should have been a requirement to meet waiting list demand. Instead our attendances are going backwards and we have the worst atmosphere in the Premier League.

He is the one who put the prices up without the team performing , just treated the club as "a product" but gave away tickets now and again so some fans thought he was great.
He also listened and communicated with the fans constantly, Soriano treats us with contempt, we have heard from him once in his time with us , post CAS verdict.

We have a wonderfully run club, expect the relationship with match going fans, that relationship needs a lot of work.

Build the North stand, make it easy, cheap and convenient to go and we will fill it far more times than not and the atmosphere in the ground will be considerably better and let's be honest, it needs to be.

Last edited:
From a cost and engineering point of view to do a 'one wall' stand would be completely out of the question in my view. You are demolishing a structure with plenty of life left in it so from an economical perspective it will never happen.

Shame as i think it is the way to go to create a better atmosphere in new stadiums, we are slightly hamstrung in terms of what we can do!

Right. Let’s bring back the community singing and you can all sing “She’s a Lassie from Lancashire” and wave your song sheets in the air. And you can see it all on the newsreel in the cinema next week.
And sing:
Oh oh oh oh what a referee, what a referee, what a referee.
He's little wooden whistle wouldn't whistle.

West Ham have possibly the worst owners in the Premier League. However it can’t be denied they have managed to somehow get all Hammers onboard for their journey despite their terrible stadium.

They are looking to put extra seats in their terrible stadium whilst we have ripped seats out of ours and have still struggled to fill the seats for most games this season.

Our Management should really have a closer look at what they have done to get to the position they are in.

There is no doubt we have completely ballsed up supporter engagement somewhere down the line.

There shouldn’t be a spare seat anywhere at Etihad and a new stand being built should have been a requirement to meet waiting list demand. Instead our attendances are going backwards and we have the worst atmosphere in the Premier League.

Oh my God, think I'll go and support Oldham!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.