North Stand Construction Discussion

I’ve not had chance to go back over the thread since my last post, but who posted about £100 season tickets? That will never happen.

But 10,000, £300 season tickets in a new single tier North Stand is doable if Khaldoon and Soriano sign it off. If? Obviously the prices of season tickets for other parts of the Etihad would have to be looked at. This is where it get’s tricky for City as they don’t want other parts of the stadium empty because fans have moved to the expanded North Stand due to the availability of cheaper season tickets.

There’s no point in expanding the North stand if the season ticket prices are going to be the same as they currently are, because City won’t shift those season tickets. There will just be more empty seats in the expanded North Stand. It’s a hard balancing act, but City have to find a solution if they want to grown the match going (local) City fan base, and fill an expanded Etihad.
Investing £150m in a new stand to then charge £300 season tickets for an Elite team is never gonna happen. Would take 100 years for the stand to pay for itself at those levels.

It’s delusional to think City will offer tickets for £15 a game for a whole stand to see the best team in the world.

And as was mentioned earlier in the thread - if in some fantasy utopia land City did build a new stand and offered tickets at a level similar to what non league fans pay - then all that would happen is existing seasoncard holders would move and leave their more expensive empty seats empty.

The key difference when a completely new section of the ground is built is that it allows groups of people to move and stay together. This is almost impossible during the annual relocation window and it is the reason why many people can't move to cheaper seats.

Who can forget that Saturday morning when relocations were opened for SS3 to all SC holders after those that had been moved for corporate seating got first dibs. Thousands logged in and bang on 9am the site crashed for hours. An additional 6000 or so seats in the NS at SS3 prices would be equally overwhelmed by people looking for cheaper seats (especially those who have to buy several). The question then is are there thousands of potential new SC holders who want to pay say an average of £750 a pop. I'd suggest not in the current climate.

so i have renewed on gold instead of platinum . total cost for 4 tickets £1280. (cost for 3 was £1620). my plan now is to buy the seat directly in front so no **** can stand up in front of me. hope the seat counters don't mind lol.
parking will still be shit, VAR will still cheat and Pep will rotate in cup finals but my family will be happy.
off now to buy my grandson an overpriced striped shirt with the wrong number on.

thanks City.
A cheaper solution for you Bill would be to inform the club that people in front of you are preventing you from seeing games due to persistent standing. They then should issue a warning if it is the same person/people every game or they need to have a steward stationed during games to stop it in its tracks.

It's a disgrace if a disabled supporter is having matches ruined by ignorant twats in front of them.

I went on the tour this week(birthday present off the mrs) the guide told us it would be extended same as opposite stand in the next couple of years. To make the capacity 63k. The reason it's being done is that the rest of the stadium is above and beyond uefa's 5* rating, but to be able to hold big finals the capacity has to be 60k+. Our owners have ambitions to hold champions league final in our stadium.
As for pricing and filling it, I have no clues

A cheaper solution for you Bill would be to inform the club that people in front of you are preventing you from seeing games due to persistent standing. They then should issue a warning if it is the same person/people every game or they need to have a steward stationed during games to stop it in its tracks.

It's a disgrace if a disabled supporter is having matches ruined by ignorant twats in front of them.
they are random mate, hence i can buy the seat . you are right though , i might speak to the club. just that my idea kills it dead. i could sell it for big games and make them swap with my grandson . he won't stand up .

Investing £150m in a new stand to then charge £300 season tickets for an Elite team is never gonna happen. Would take 100 years for the stand to pay for itself at those levels.

It’s delusional to think City will offer tickets for £15 a game for a whole stand to see the best team in the world.

And as was mentioned earlier in the thread - if in some fantasy utopia land City did build a new stand and offered tickets at a level similar to what non league fans pay - then all that would happen is existing seasoncard holders would move and leave their more expensive empty seats empty.
It’s already happened with the South Stand, albeit £80M was it? We filled that, this isn’t about empty seats, it’s about ticket sales, pre-covid did we not have one of the highest take up percentages in the PL? I know it’s about returns for the hierarchy but in terms of infrastructure investment have they ever stopped or stood still ? The co-op live arena is a big project & when that’s done I’m sure we’ll at least look at it then, giving the club more time for a post-covid feasibility study on attendances etc. There’s also plenty going on with corporate areas, this is an area that can really take off (in terms of profit) given we are now signing established world stars. I know people think STH will just relocate to a new/cheaper stand, but maybe that is the clubs strategy? They could be looking at all level 2 as corporate (like Wembley) and possibly most of CB1 & ES1, with cheaper seats on 3 and the lowest prices behind the goals. I can’t see our owners wanting to fall too far behind others, Rags dips WHam Spurs Arse already have a higher capacity with Everton building a state of the art stadium & Chelsea possibly not far behind. I agree about £300 ST’s but at £400 it’s doable, just over £20 a game seems crazy for what we are witnessing week in week out

Where do you get '£150mill' from to either expand the current North Stand from above level 1, or a new single tier from ground level?

Everton have a locked in cost of £500mill for the construction of their new 53,000 capacity stadium , which includes a large single stand behind the goal.

1652474238143.jpeg

1652474075797.jpeg

1652474098320.jpeg

South Stand expansion.

The complex, state of the art, 23,500, Coop Live Arena is costing £350mill.

?

The extension works, designed by architects Populous, are expected to cost £50m and will be undertaken in two phases.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.