Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I travelled away a lot during the 70's and to be honest City and Utd were not good places to got to, neither were Newcastle many other or my personal dislike Leeds. You seem to see the train incident as the worse thing that happened at this time caused by us, eg Blackpool fan stabbed to death in 1974, Leeds rioting after 1975 EC Final in Paris, they were banned, 1978 full scale riot in and outside stadium at Milwall etc etc I could go on. Also you have got YNWA wrong, name the teams, usually Celtic. As for bricking your coach, unexcusable, but check Youtube to see City supporters doing something maybe not as bad but similar. My point on here is simple, Liverpool and Manchester are very similar, same levels of crime, drug use, unemployment etc, just check the facts. We can argue about teams, City cannot be faulted and KDB is an amazing player, but in my opinion before Heysel we were never looked on as one of the violent set of supporters. The internet has allowed people to vent about things they know little about and most Liverpool, City etc etc supporters are more or less the same, this is my view, which is not welcome here but there you go.
Check the facts you say.

1. We have never killed our own nor fans of our opponents and blamed others
2. We have never trashed an opponent's coach to the extent it was a write off
3. We have never chucked flares onto disabled away fans
4. We have never worn t-shirts supporting a racist
5. We have never booed a member of royalty nor the national anthem of the UK
6. We have never had our own supporters filmed masturbating in fountains
7. We have never gone on twitter and proudly boasted about robbing service stations
8. We have never dropped a lump of concrete on a Bulgarian waiter and then denied all knowledge of it

Do you want any more facts or is this enough to be going on with

I think the problem is the media always give them a pass no matter what they do, same with the footballing bodies.

When West Ham fans smashed up the United bus they were punished. By the FA of course but it wasn't brushed under the rug.

When Liverpool smashed up our bus Uefa did nothing citing that it was outside the ground and beyond their remit. Well.. I noticed the latest round of UEFA fines where we got punished for the Atletico game and underneath Rangers had been fined because their fans blocked a public entrance ! Now I'm assuming if it was public and outside the ground ?? Not many details but I'd really love to know why they can punish in that situation but not in a more serious one ?
Truth is they can say whatever, do whatever and nobody holds them accountable
Q

According to the Liverpool Echo, it’s because it’s not their fault once again.

11-BF498-A-F97-C-43-F0-9-F87-616573720-A4-C.jpg

3-CB41-DEB-5273-4964-941-A-96-FC52-BAC1-F4.jpg
If we're being absolutely honest it's our (Mancheter's) fault. We dug a canal, we should have dug a moat.

Jordon is a bell end but some of the comments below it are classic of that fanbase.

Some of this comments are nuts - there's one guy arguing there wouldn't be sports media without them.

There fucking would mate and would be palatable without the dippers steering every conversation and oaring in that the werlds best midfielder* laaaah plays in red

(*Replace for for any position/fans/manager/stands/fan channel/accountants etc)

I think the problem is the media always give them a pass no matter what they do, same with the footballing bodies.

When West Ham fans smashed up the United bus they were punished. By the FA of course but it wasn't brushed under the rug.

When Liverpool smashed up our bus Uefa did nothing citing that it was outside the ground and beyond their remit. Well.. I noticed the latest round of UEFA fines where we got punished for the Atletico game and underneath Rangers had been fined because their fans blocked a public entrance ! Now I'm assuming if it was public and outside the ground ?? Not many details but I'd really love to know why they can punish in that situation but not in a more serious one ?
Truth is they can say whatever, do whatever and nobody holds them accountable
Q
They get a free pass because once upon a time they over-exaggerated their actions and political pandering got them a whitewash absolution, fuelled and vindicated the victim mentality and now nobody is allowed to question or challenge them or their antics.

Some of this comments are nuts - there's one guy arguing there wouldn't be sports media without them.

There fucking would mate and would be palatable without the dippers steering every conversation and oaring in that the werlds best midfielder* laaaah plays in red

(*Replace for for any position/fans/manager/stands/fan channel/accountants etc)
Colin Mafham disagrees.

I posted this on the BBC site today:-

'I wish I could remember which club's fans got *all* English teams banned from Europe for five years. Was it City's? Chelsea's? United's? My old memory just can't recall.

It got removed as

"We reserve the right to fail comments which...

Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
Contain swear words or other language likely to offend." "We reserve the right to fail comments which... Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable Contain swear words or other language likely to offend."

I'm sorry but I see nothing in my post that remotely breaks those rules.

Please no one ever tell me this country's media are not biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.