Gundogan contract situation

Should we offer him an extension beyond 2023?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were rumours about his back not being in the best of shape anymore, giving him some trouble. Makes sense for all involved.

He's been absolutely fucking terrific and basically took us to the title last season.

There will be people in this thread saying they'll "miss him so much" when they've done nothing but slag him off for his entire City career except for that 6 month period when he suddenly started scoring loads of goals. He's been excellent throughout - the perfect metronome midfielder, a terrific foil for the more mercurial players around him.

One of the best signings of the Pep era.

Shame although he does seem to have lost his way a bit recently.

Feels like another squad refresh similar to summer 2017 is coming.

He's given us a good 6 years, he was so influential and important last year. Seems like very decent guy as well. *If true then I can only say thank you for everything Ilkay.

*Reports suggesting it is not true, in which case 1 year left for Ilkay to run riot and win us the lot.

Last edited:
One of the unsung heroes for me . Never let you down , just went about his job in a matter of fact way . Weighed in with some important goals too and helped enormously when Kev was injured a couple of years back .
You won’t know how much you miss him until he’s not there to call on.

Very underrated player. I think we’re a better team when he plays.

He only got plaudits from some of our own fans as well as the media last season when he scored a lot of goals, but he’s been a very good player throughout his time with us bar two returns from lengthy injuries.

He was the best player in the team in that unbelievably good 14 game winning run to win the league in 2019. Id argue he was the best player in Europe in that four months.

Shame although he does seem to have lost his way a bit recently.
He has been a fantastic signing for City. Last season Gundo was our best player. A brilliant professional and a great influence on and off the field. Of course he has reached the age when careers start to wane but I wish him well for the future. I assume he will go for a small fee and that should allow him to get a big contract for his final years. He deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.