Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m guessing we’re luring United into make a ridiculous bid for him?
He won’t go to Utd 100 percent . The hatred Leeds have for Utd is on a par with Celtic - rangers so he knows going there will kill his Leeds connection . City could well get this kid .

Isn’t Philips a bit slow, we’ll be even more fucked against balls over the top and he can’t read the game like Fern. This had got disaster written all over it
Then we won’t be interested, unless we are in which case there must be much more to his game.
Kalvin Phillips is no clogger . His passing in a top side would be unreal and he would be great for us . He is not Rodri but we don’t want a carbon copy either . Still think we need a proper midfield enforcer who can take control if ganes and scare the shit out of rival midfields

Because he doesn’t take a foreign spot and we only have 19 outfield players, several of whom are leaving.
Okay, but my point is not that, it’s that you and I don’t know whether he would stop another player from coming in the squad planning. If it’s only him, that’s bad, and right now I am yet to see how many it will be

We’re gonna have to disagree on this one. I could take some even more unknown and cheaper names than him with more quality or potential and younger.

I also don’t believe these links… so we’ll see hehe
Seems to play well for a very good England team . Not as shit as people think .

Question is would we be going after him if Leeds don’t go down. If true about the buyout clause it’s smart business but is that it? This is more what expected replace Fernandinho and potentially Gundo with two rotation players that we believe can step in with the right support around them, never going to just keep recruiting world class players as we have that in our midfield with Kev, Silva and Rodri

Seems to play well for a very good England team . Not as shit as people think .
Was pretty weak in the Euro final I thought. He’s just one of a few English internationals I wouldn’t want, alongside Pickford, Maguire, Shaw, Mount, Mings etc.
Raphinha is the Leeds player I’d want

Okay, but my point is not that, it’s that you and I don’t know whether he would stop another player from coming in the squad planning. If it’s only him, that’s bad, and right now I am yet to see how many it will be
Signing him would be like when we signed walker for me. Strong, athletic and entering his prime.

I remember people absolutely lambasting the club for signing someone that were a ”clogger”, especially at that price. Maybe Phillips will be a failure or maybe he will become an integral part of our squad if we sign him.

He won’t go to Utd 100 percent . The hatred Leeds have for Utd is on a par with Celtic - rangers so he knows going there will kill his Leeds connection . City could well get this kid .
Cantona? Alan Smith?

Lets hope they spunk another £80m + £450k a week in wages on a player we’re ‘rumoured’ to be after.

Yeah recent news was that he’s gonna reject United. I like him even more if true

Signing him would be like when we signed walker for me. Strong, athletic and entering his prime.

I remember people absolutely lambasting the club for signing someone that were a ”clogger”, especially at that price. Maybe Phillips will be a failure or maybe he will become an integral part of our squad if we sign him.

I understand what you mean by the comparison, but it absolutely isn’t me. That’s not how I felt when we signed Walker and I don’t see a talent or potential similarity there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.