Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I held off saying this earlier because you're likely to get the "he's not a DM comments."

But, realistically, I think anyone claiming the drop off between Rodri and de Jong would be more significant than the drop off between Rodri and Kalvin Phillips is kidding themselves.

Plus, we get an extra body in centre mid.

Plus plus, he's actually a quality player.
I would be okay with getting de jong to provide "cover" for the 6 position in some games and rotate in the 8 position for others.

I want to say all day that we overpaid for philips if the fee is 60M. But city always gets it right. Idk how. Maybe not as good as liverpool but we really do. I trust our scouts.

When we signed dias for 60M. More than half of our fanbase were craving for overpaying. Look at him now.

Same for cancelo when we paid 50M. He did need some time but now he's the best lb in the league.

Kdb a chelsea reject. 65M. Similar but now he is the best player in the league.

I trust our system and there were only few failures (mendy, Mangala) other than that some may insist jack but be patient like we did with cancelo. Jack will perform
Gosh, why are u comparing Cancelo who was a player for Juventus and Inter, top Italian sides, and Ruben Dias who has been the best defender during the Nations League in 2019 to Kalvin Phillips? Just not the same level ;)

The reason Kalvin is 60 mil is simple. He’s an English international and he’s a prem player.

De Jong is three times the player Phillips is.

I would be okay with getting de jong to provide "cover" for the 6 position in some games and rotate in the 8 position for others.
Why are you thinking about a potential midfielder transfer as a cover and making some rotation in the 8 position? Back-Up in City doesn't exists, we need a potential starting player also for the future, especially after paying 60M£ lol

It just makes total sense with an ageing Gundogan and even Kev. Fill in for Rodri when we need him to, have him play as an eight at other times and then see who is available next year.

But I'll shut up now before I derail the thread.

He is a totally different level of player though and would fit us like a glove. Shame if we let him go down the road.

Okay, now I'll stop.

please Txiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.