It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Nah. Haaland coming in meaning one less position for the attackers. You’ll have two players from Sterling Mahrez Grealish sat on the bench already. Felix isn’t happening and isn’t needed imo.
On the face of it, it doesn't look like we need another forward but I'm not so sure.

Haaland - Aguero's replacement.
Alvarez - Unknown quantity coming from a completely different league. May or may not work out.
Mahrez - Just turned 31 and about to enter last year of contract.
Sterling - If he doesn't leave this summer it will probably be next summer on a free.
Foden - Will likely be moved in to midfield in the next couple of seasons.
Grealish - Think he'll eventually be a back-up to one of the number 8s as he's not a goal threat.
Jesus - Reportedly wants to move.

If we can work out a swap deal involving Jesus I think it's a no brainer personally.

On the face of it, it doesn't look like we need another forward but I'm not so sure.

Haaland - Aguero's replacement.
Alvarez - Unknown quantity coming from a completely different league. May or may not work out.
Mahrez - Just turned 31 and about to enter last year of contract.
Sterling - If he doesn't leave this summer it will probably be next summer on a free.
Foden - Will likely be moved in to midfield in the next couple of seasons.
Grealish - Think he'll eventually be a back-up to one of the number 8s as he's not a goal threat.
Jesus - Reportedly wants to move.

If we can work out a swap deal involving Jesus I think it's a no brainer personally.
Of course we need another forward/striker,the tramps have made room for 5.

Alvarez is a gamble.

Have you seen the dipper frontline? and their array of options up front?

We need 3 forwards in this squad.
River Plate plays tonight. I encourage everyone to stay up and watch Alvarez, then maybe they will start talking about him in realistic terms as I have been warning. He has not played well for quite a few games with the exception of when they played probably the worst team they will play all year and beat them 7-0. Their last game was an elimination and he was entirely anonymous. In Argentina, the rival fans have a running joke with River Plate fans, which is to say “what a shame Julian already left for England!”, joking with how ghost-like his performances have been. Another joke is to say that he will be shocked when he receives the plane ticket and it’s to Montevideo to play for Torque FC, not to Manchester, as they see it’s the level he’s playing at the moment. Which isn’t to say he is crap, it could be that he just doesn’t care anymore or his head is gone, but even taking his very best moments and assuming that’s a player that will easily and readily take up a significant role in the squad is a mistake and detrimental to above all the player himself who needs to be given time and afforded patience to settle. That’s why it drives me crazy to see people drafting a starting XI for next season with him in it.
I don’t know how realistic of an option Felix is, but if people can’t see how unbelievable a prospect it would be to have him, Haaland, Foden and eventually Alvarez if he fulfills the potential people see in him, they’re crazy. This combination could easily best Madrid’s Mbappe + Vinicius Jr in explosion and young talent put together. I suggest people look at the bigger picture and down the line. How dominant do we want to be on a continental level. If we can bring Felix this window, it should be a no brainer.

Last edited by a moderator:
River Plate plays tonight. I encourage everyone to stay up and watch Alvarez, then maybe they will start talking about him in realistic terms as I have been warning. He has no played well for quite a few games with the exception of when they played probably the worst club they will play all year and beat them 7-0. Their last game was an elimination and he was entirely anonymous. In Argentina, the rival fans have a running joke with River Plate fans, which is to say “what a shame Julian already left for England!”, joking with how ghost-like his performances have been. Another joke is to say that he will be shocked when he receives the plane ticket and it’s to Montevideo to play for Torque FC, not to Manchester, as they see it’s the level he’s playing at the moment. Which isn’t to say he is crap, it could be that he just doesn’t care anymore or his head is gone, but even taking his very best moments and assuming that’s a player that will easily and readily take up a significant squad is a mistake and detrimental to above all the player himself who needs to be given time and afforded patience to settle. That’s why it drives me crazy to see people drafting a starting XI for next season with him in it.
I don’t know how realistic of an option Felix is, but if people can’t see how unbelievable a prospect it would be to have him, Haaland, Foden and eventually Alvarez if he fulfills the potential people see in him, they’re crazy. This combination could easily best Madrid’s Mbappe + Vinicius Jr in explosion and talent put together. I suggest people look at the bigger picture and down the line. How dominant do we want to be on a continental level. If we can bring Felix this window, it should be a no brainer.
Exactly,i think a few are expecting a raw Aguero type signing with Alvarez.

Felix is proven in Europe,he wouldnt be a luxury.

I keep hoping this type of claim will one day stop making me laugh whenever I see it. Still keeps on giving though.

Would love it, but highly wishful.
I don’t see why, once we have Haaland , Alvarez, Mahrez, Foden, Grealish and I assume Sterling for 3 positions, it doesn’t leave that many minutes. Do you think those minutes can be filled by Palmer or do you think we need to buy a seventh player ? If so what then for Palmer ?
If Sterling goes then it’s a different discussion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.