It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Much as they're a great team, Salah has carried them at times. His form has been absolutely freakish and he outmatches his XG consistently. If they lose him they'll drop off 10 points a season.
He’s been mediocre for months and they’re still doing fine

I'd take Felix in a heartbeat. Fantastic player who is absolutely wasted at Atletico.

He's different then anything else we have up front, and I think we're soon to be a bit thinner there then we look on paper.

Sterling and Jesus might both be out the door this summer, and if not this year than almost certainly next in Sterling's case. I'd expect 1 of Grealish or Foden to play in midfield sooner rather then later. Alvarez is all potential at this stage, and I wouldn't expect much - anything we get from him in year 1 is an absolute bonus. Mahrez is aging and out of contract soon. Palmer is unproven.

If there's a deal to be done, get him in.
Exactly. I can accept the subjectivity of people who don’t like him, but the idea that there would be no use for him or someone like him wouldn’t be needed is hard to swallow (for me, of course)

He doesn’t like having senior players on the bench and he doesn’t like using kids.

And that’s why we bombed out of the cups and we had no chance of getting back into the Real match, nothing on the bench. It’s why he sometimes doesn’t even use subs anymore

I love Pep, but he needs to be told he’s competing for 5 trophies every season and he needs more than 15 outfield players to do it.

If we don’t have 3 or 4 more senior players than this season we are going to get slaughtered next year with the World Cup schedule.
We will have 3 more players this year Haaland a dm that plays more than Fernandinho and a left back, plus more time for Palmer probably. We hardly bombed out of the cups, 2 semis, so we played most of the games.
I don’t think anyone thought we had enough going into the season, probably not Pep which is why we tried for Kane. In fact being top and getting to the semis will be a surprise to many posters that predicted a tough season and a struggle back in August.

I enjoy it very much while admit where things need to be improved. We’re operating from the highest level, so that’s the premise, and when you have such a strong domestic rival, the last thing you can do is accept stagnation. That’s all.

I’m glad you’re enjoying it. It doesn’t seem like that to me. It seems a constant stream of criticism and just focusing on where we need to improve. These are glorious days and we have a team that have achieved great things in the last few years. We should cherish and appreciate it.

We will have 3 more players this year Haaland a dm that plays more than Fernandinho and a left back, plus more time for Palmer probably. We hardly bombed out of the cups, 2 semis, so we played most of the games.
I don’t think anyone thought we had enough going into the season, probably not Pep which is why we tried for Kane. In fact being top and getting to the semis will be a surprise to many posters that predicted a tough season and a struggle back in August.

Let’s be clear, if you look at club appearances, Fernandinho has played more than Kalvin Phillips has (just as a comparison, not taking as a given that he will come). That’s not exactly an addition. Our eliminations of the cups are closely linked to the imbalance of the squad. As Pep has basically admitted, if we had had the recent injury crisis for just a little longer, we’d be fucked in the league too

What Felix stuff?

I don't necessarily doubt anything but a move for such a player doesn't go under the radar in my opinion. Even with the state of journalists these days.
Unless Txiki actually is pulling a blinder...

In regards to Felix i think things gonna happen quick when the dominoes fall, player exits (gabbs & sterling), one brother in the chat mentioned that a english club was in for Felix (cough cough who fits him better than us) Jorge mendes his agent, 70m ish fee (very doable) when we raises money from exits, just his wages that is the gray area. Else than that every box ticks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.