City’s New Kits

06FFBDCC-64AC-4CA2-88D3-EAA46AA24870.jpeg
New shirt today from City Store as part of pre-match preparations. Nice feature on City stadiums over the years in the free issue of King of the Kippax.

Knowledgeable young girl serving in the store this afternoon, asking me how I felt about Sunday, then started talking tactics with me. Hope she has a word with Pep, she reckons we need to start fast and be relentless against them.

I think it’s a great kit. If you hear anyone who doesn’t get the significance of maroon to City tell them to have a look at this piece I posted back in November of the consternation when maroon was replaced by red/black stripes:

https://gjfootballarchive.com/2021/11/30/complaints-about-mcfc-kits/

I’ve seen some on social media question why maroon. Truth is it’s City’s traditional away colour and has been used for numbers on shirts, trim on shorts and on socks of course.
I’m one who agrees with those complaints. Can’t be doing with City in red. Never liked any red+black stripes, sash, or checks.

Maroon is City away.

AB572EDE-79F6-4919-B7B4-E0F2D109261F.jpeg
05FC6749-CA5D-4CCC-B731-9E74671D367A.jpeg

Any sash should be Sky and navy.
2236130F-1126-4E69-9A6A-B2E1204E489A.jpeg

Stripes or hoops should be yellow and black (Mcr bee).

I’d also like to see City in some of the yellow strips with maroon trim from the early 60s.

A8F16DF1-9E36-4443-8BAF-0A90024C0C41.jpeg

Throw in a nice purple, a nice orange kit, and a nice white kit now and again and we should ever need to go near fucking red!

I’m one who agrees with those complaints. Can’t be doing with City in red. Never liked any red+black stripes, sash, or checks.

Maroon is City away.

View attachment 43803
View attachment 43804

Any sash should be Sky and navy.
View attachment 43805

Stripes or hoops should be yellow and black (Mcr bee).

I’d also like to see City in some of the yellow strips with maroon trim from the early 60s.

View attachment 43802

Throw in a nice purple, a nice orange kit, and a nice white kit now and again and we should ever need to go near fucking red!

You’re just an out of touch rambling old man ;)

It’s 2022. Not 1960 haha

Seriously though, we release 3 new kits every year. There’s not going to be a maroon (or yellow…) kit every year. There’s going to be loads of varied designs to get the most sales.

Last edited:
I don't get the maroon on the shirt and that ship looks like a Blue Peter badge
At least we'll be wearing white shorts

I think it’s a great kit. If you hear anyone who doesn’t get the significance of maroon to City tell them to have a look at this piece I posted back in November of the consternation when maroon was replaced by red/black stripes:

https://gjfootballarchive.com/2021/11/30/complaints-about-mcfc-kits/

I’ve seen some on social media question why maroon. Truth is it’s City’s traditional away colour and has been used for numbers on shirts, trim on shorts and on socks of course.
happy to help.

This was a shocker

manchester-city-16-17-away-kit-1.jpg
Agreed... bloody awful kit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.