Frenkie de Jong

I don't know. The outlay for Alvarez and Haaland has been next to nothing in modern terms. Losing Torres was disappointing, but if he doesn't want to be here...

Grealish...he's yet to reach full potential for me. However the clause was 100 mill so if we wanted him we had to pay Villa. However, a number of our previous signings were shite, before getting into gear. Toure for example.

I think we should only assess a player, or the transfer after say two or three seasons.
Sure and I’m not suggesting Grealish is a flop. I'm suggesting that we didn’t need a back up left winger as much as a defensively minded fullback to cover for when Walker isn’t fit.

The release clause is what it took to get Grealish here and so far, compared to our other signings, he hasn’t proved his value for money yet. He may yet do so. It will be interesting to see how he gets in the team next season.

We pretty much did it with Otamendi and Dias.

I'm sure the accountancy nerds will put me in my place but essentially Danilo/ Cancelo and Otamendi/ Dias were just swaps with extra money going the other way.

Although they supposedly were separate deals, the effect was the same. They buy our player for a smaller fee and we buy theirs for a bigger one.
They have same agent,actually super agent Mendes. Without him we couldn't make deal to happen.

Wasn't Danilo sold for £30m & we bought Cancelo for £60m in two separate deals? It's for accounting reasons for some reason & works out the same as Danilo plus £30m for Cancelo.
Yeah it’s a technicality

Too slow for me. Want one of the lads with a bit of a dash. A bit of pep if you will.

ill inform the club myself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.