Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The report actually states that the HSE counted ...'and even those who climbed over the turnstiles'. I would say that's evidence of ticketless fans inside the stadium. And whilst I accept that the police could have handled it better (although we have to remember the era we were in with fences etc) I cannot accept that the fans had zero blame apportioned to then. If they hadn't turned up in numbers without tickets, if they hadn't been climbing in ticketless then who knows what may have happened.
Hillsborough has been investigated more than any other tragedy and trying to re-apportion blame based on points that will have been thoroughly reviewed and at odds with the conclusion of numerous independent reports is just wrong. Whilst undoubtedly there was poor behaviour from some at that match like at any other match ever, it has long since been accepted that it was not a contributory factor. The fact that you can't accept that zero blame was apportioned to their fans means that you're wilfully ignoring all the evidence of major failings by SYP and the stadium management who were finally forced to accept full responsibility. There's no shortage of bad behaviour by dippers in lots of other situations where they can be legitimately criticised but you should leave Hillsborough out of it because of the weight of evidence that was amassed that disproves that point.

could you not easily duplicate the qr code attached to digital tickets?

I’ve got in the etihad using a screenshot of a qr code previously
The qr code updates about every 10 minutes so you would have to be quick
I'm sure they could also set it to update even more frequently

Climbing over to escape a dangerous crush.
I know you won’t be convinced and you’ll stick to that view despite the months of forensic inquests that proved otherwise, but when some ask why people fought so hard to clear their names, it’s because this view (your view) had so much traction that it still gets said today.
Stick to the footy, you’ve got a lot to justifiably take the piss with. Maybe leave the Hillsborough stuff to those from Trafford. They enjoyed themselves with that at Anfield a few weeks ago. They must be feeling great about themselves.
It is impossible to have a sensible debate about Hillsborough despite multiple inquiries, police investigations, and overwhelming proof that South Yorkshire police made a catastrophic mistake on the day and then senior officers conspired to cover up the blunder including fabricating evidence from witnesses. Some people still prefer to believe the false narrative put out by the tabloid media at the time under pressure from politicians. I am just surprised that some City fans (who should know about false press narratives given what has been written about us. Not in any way comparing that with a disaster but just an example of distorted news coverage) still believe what they read in the media.

Last edited:
They got beat in the final and had they won, we would have heard nothing about it.
To hear them whinging about the French officials not being able to control 40-50k fans around the stadium tells you everything. They had less than 20k tickets, so double that were in the vicinity of the stadium by their own admission.
If this was any other British team there would be nothing on the news about it.

Climbing over to escape a dangerous crush.
I know you won’t be convinced and you’ll stick to that view despite the months of forensic inquests that proved otherwise, but when some ask why people fought so hard to clear their names, it’s because this view (your view) had so much traction that it still gets said today.
Stick to the footy, you’ve got a lot to justifiably take the piss with. Maybe leave the Hillsborough stuff to those from Trafford. They enjoyed themselves with that at Anfield a few weeks ago. They must be feeling great about themselves.
They climbed over the turnstiles to avoid a crush but then made it worse by creating a bigger crush, no?

The same Real Madrid who have beaten all 3 of us this season?
Yes, them. The same Real Madrid we played off the park at the Etihad, and which we led against for 182 minutes of a 180 minute tie.

The same RM that lost to that team we'd never heard of in the group stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.