Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I cannot comprehend is why the Daily Mail is so pro Liverpool. All the writers this morning buying into its the frenchies fault even Martin Samuel who is the main reason I buy the rag. The paper hates everything about Liverpool the City being anti brexit, anti Tory and anti monarchy. And yet it has a love in with the football club ignoring the insult to the national anthem and the Royal family at the cup final. The Daily Express which is still more right wing is the same. I am at complete loss to understand this anyone have any explanation.

What I cannot comprehend is why the Daily Mail is so pro Liverpool. All the writers this morning buying into its the frenchies fault even Martin Samuel who is the main reason I buy the rag. The paper hates everything about Liverpool the City being anti brexit, anti Tory and anti monarchy. And yet it has a love in with the football club ignoring the insult to the national anthem and the Royal family at the cup final. The Daily Express which is still more right wing is the same. I am at complete loss to understand this anyone have any explanation.

Clicks for advertising income?

It's because Liverpool are a cult, and therefore have a hive mind. If the hive decides not to buy the Daily Mail because it highlights the ugly truth about them, then they will boycott, en-masse.
They did it with the sun and it scared (and scarred) the shit out of Fleet Street.
Nobody dares to upset them for fear of annihilating sales in the region.
The simple beauty of what lfc fans can do to the media is scarey for them.
It really is that simple.

I just don't get travelling to a foreign country for a game you don't have tickets to.

I dont care if our fans did it for the Chelsea game last May, you're just setting yourself up as a target for foreign police.

They historically have pretty zero tolerance approaches to English fans, which let's be honest is a little self inflicted (Heysel, late 90s-early 2000s tournaments, the Euro 2020 final shambles).

There are tens of thousands of fans here who are to blame. That doesn't make the police innocent, but it is what it is.

I don't either but it's no problem if they don't go to the ground on the night of the game and they behave

Clicks for advertising income?

The media owners set the agenda but I suspect they are being influenced by politics. The government has got used to manipulating the media with Covid and have enough scandal and failure on their plate. The last thing they want is more trouble, especially emanating from Liverpool and their fans.

Also, we are not currently best pals with the French and there does appear to be a propaganda war going on as to who is to blame? Nor can we expect any objectivity from UEFA

It does feel Orwellian. It is really bizarre that no one in the media is prepared to report what happened in an impartial way. It is pretty clear that the police and UEFA bungled the security operation. But it also pretty clear there was an issue with fake tickets at the Liverpool end of the stadium. The French Government claim that 40,000 fake tickets were used to try and access the stadium seems very unlikely but that doesn't mean there wasn't an issue with some fake tickets. The Liverpool Echo reported three days before the match that police had smashed a fake ticketing operation and a man was arrested in Cheshire. We have all seen video footage of LFC fans climbing into the stadium (separate to the local youths) and social media claims of fans' jibbing in with fake tickets. Why is this being ignored?
The notion that counterfeit tickets played a nugatory role in what happened on Saturday is absurd - and contrary to the credible supporting evidence and the inveterate culture of the supporters involved. It defies experience and common sense for that not to be the case.

Anyone who suggests counterfeit tickets didn’t play a significant role is a liar or a fool.

I just don't get travelling to a foreign country for a game you don't have tickets to.

I dont care if our fans did it for the Chelsea game last May, you're just setting yourself up as a target for foreign police.

They historically have pretty zero tolerance approaches to English fans, which let's be honest is a little self inflicted (Heysel, late 90s-early 2000s tournaments, the Euro 2020 final shambles).

There are tens of thousands of fans here who are to blame. That doesn't make the police innocent, but it is what it is.
People do like to attend a city for the occasion and the atmosphere. We generally book a City Break for the weekend of the CL final so that if City get there we will not be paying through the nose for flights and hotels. So far we have been to Milan, Kiev, Madrid, and Paris. If City had got to a final we would go to it. Otherwise we had a city break. We didn’t bother with the Lisbon and Porto finals during lockdown.

Plenty of others go for the final and watch on TV. We shared a table in the bar with two Liverpool supporters in Kiev, one local the other from Indonesia. We bumped into Leicester supporters in Milan and others over the years.

It's because Liverpool are a cult, and therefore have a hive mind. If the hive decides not to buy the Daily Mail because it highlights the ugly truth about them, then they will boycott, en-masse.
They did it with the sun and it scared (and scarred) the shit out of Fleet Street.
Nobody dares to upset them for fear of annihilating sales in the region.
The simple beauty of what lfc fans can do to the media is scarey for them.
It really is that simple.
Seriously, does anyone still buy newspapers?

The notion that counterfeit tickets played a nugatory role in what happened on Saturday is absurd - and contrary to the credible supporting evidence and the inveterate culture of the supporters involved. It defies experience and common sense for that not to be the case.

Anyone who suggests counterfeit tickets didn’t play a significant role is a liar or a fool.
Bonus like for slipping the word nugatory in your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.