Everything Star Wars

Exactly what is it you dislike?

The plot so far is terrible. Obi Wan's character is akin to that of Luke's in the Last Jedi.
The fight with Vader and Obi Wan was appallingly choreographed, Obi wan kept running off and was trying to hide.

Feels like it's been written for children by children.

The plot so far is terrible. Obi Wan's character is akin to that of Luke's in the Last Jedi.
The fight with Vader and Obi Wan was appallingly choreographed, Obi wan kept running off and was trying to hide.

Feels like it's been written for children by children.

Obi wan has become practically a hermit, working a meandering job to get by, it is 10 years since he has used a lightsaber, this has to be the case to fit in with a new hope and novels which are canon, to decide to change it would be a mess from disney.

And this is his first glimpse of Vader since Mustafar, I reckon if I saw that big bastard walking towards me after 10 years of not keeping up with my training and tge shock of him being alive I would run away too

Nothing I have seen is unexpected, OWK life post RotS is as a non entity as to hide him and luke, bar this new story he is only seen in the stories before A New Hope in the rebels epidlsodes where Darth Maul tracks him down.

That rebels story has Luke at 17 is I remember so set 7 years after this series, and it also confirms he is a hermit by then.

Obi wan has become practically a hermit, working a meandering job to get by, it is 10 years since he has used a lightsaber, this has to be the case to fit in with a new hope and novels which are canon, to decide to change it would be a mess from disney.

And this is his first glimpse of Vader since Mustafar, I reckon if I saw that big bastard walking towards me after 10 years of not keeping up with my training and tge shock of him being alive I would run away too

Nothing I have seen is unexpected, OWK life post RotS is as a non entity as to hide him and luke, bar this new story he is only seen in the stories before A New Hope in the rebels epidlsodes where Darth Maul tracks him down.

That rebels story has Luke at 17 is I remember so set 7 years after this series, and it also confirms he is a hermit by then.

While I wouldn't describe it as "wank" it has been somewhat flat. The young Leia actress may be the worst child performance ive ever seen

Im a huge prequels fan so I am rooting for this show. Hopefully it picks up

While I wouldn't describe it as "wank" it has been somewhat flat. The young Leia actress may be the worst child performance ive ever seen

Im a huge prequels fan so I am rooting for this show. Hopefully it picks up
Think unlike the mandalorian or bad batch, something directly linked to the film series hasn't much scope for leeway, we know obi-wan spent the years as a reclusive hermit so you cannot expect the prequils jedi warrior, and anything set in the 17 time frame if you want to have luke and leia in it means probably annoying kids in it.

Think unlike the mandalorian or bad batch, something directly linked to the film series hasn't much scope for leeway, we know obi-wan spent the years as a reclusive hermit so you cannot expect the prequils jedi warrior, and anything set in the 17 time frame if you want to have luke and leia in it means probably annoying kids in it.

You raise a good point, do luke and leia need to be involved in this story? Especially Leia?!

Personally I would have done this. Episode 1 would kick off with Obi visiting the Lars homestead as a tutor for Luke. Owen doesn't like it but allows it. Then the Lars run into some trouble with some local mobsters, Obi defends them and they run away, then they report to the empire a Jedi is on Tatooine. The inquisitors arrive next day and interrogate Owen but he stays strong. Later, Owen and Obi have an argument. Owen believe obi is endangering Luke. Next day inquisitors arrive and once again confront Owen. This time obi revels himself and inquisitors give chase, obi escape off world.
Episode 2 can do the Bail/ Leia plot. I like that idea the inquisitors would squeeze obis allies. But for me the Daiyu stuff should have been shorter.
Episode 3 I actually kinda liked however I feel it may have been a mistake to have the fight so soon

Things I am hoping to see. Obviously an episode involving Yoda would be cool, perhaps Obi travels to Dagobah to learn how to commune with Qui Gon. Also I would love Vaders and Obis real fight to take place on Naboo. Obi would basically meet him there to appeal to his humAnity, to try and make him remember his love for Padme.

The original Star Wars film was awesome in so many groundbreaking ways. Subsequent releases were derivative. I stopped watching the franchise early on - and by accounts - missed some great films.

This same sort of thing seems to have happened to the Middle Earth films by Peter Jackson - all of the LOTR's 3 films were awesome - and then The Hobbit trilogy ensured. The first Hobbit film was a disappointment - and it got steadily worse. A shame, because "The Hobbit" deserves a great film.

At any rate, I've soured on Star Wars some decades running. Perhaps I'll take a dip back into the franchise at some point.

Yes, everything 'Star Wars' indeed...

Some moherfuckers are real sick in the head over an ACTING role!

Star wars fans
Star teek fans
Marvel fans
DC fans

Or the stans as they are known are proper nut jobs some of them, any deviation from their percieved outlook of these fantasy/sci-fi universes sends them into rabid frenzies, over stupid shit like this.

Marvel and DC ones are worse because the movies charactors already have set stories and meltdown ensues on any changes from comic to on screen

They are an embarrasment to people who genuinely enjoy Sci-Fi story telling and love any old saga.

Sad fuckers

Star wars fans
Star teek fans
Marvel fans
DC fans

Or the stans as they are known are proper nut jobs some of them, any deviation from their percieved outlook of these fantasy/sci-fi universes sends them into rabid frenzies, over stupid shit like this.

Marvel and DC ones are worse because the movies charactors already have set stories and meltdown ensues on any changes from comic to on screen

They are an embarrasment to people who genuinely enjoy Sci-Fi story telling and love any old saga.

Sad fuckers

I would include fanboys of 'James Bond' and the like, in that list! Heads are likely to explode with the next iteration as they fight over skin colour, hair colour, eyes, nose shape, tie or no tie, shaken or stirred etc!

I argued, once, that the character was fictional and had changed over the years, allowing the leeway into both the character name and code be passed down the line to keep the franchise alive.

I was, then, asked how would I feel if 'Shaft' became White! I said I wouldn't give a shit if the story was moulded to reflect how this could happen! And, even then, it's a fictional character and anyone could be called 'Shaft' and know the slums!

It's really dumb how people can be!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.