Stories of meeting City fans in unusual places

I was in Barcelona in 2006 in a harbour front bar watching England play Paraguay in the world cup,
I shouted come on England and got a tap on the shoulder, you’re not from round here this guy says,
Naa Manchester , same ere he says, turns out both City fans
Had a real good chat and watched the game, told him me and the missus were there for her 40th,
After that he wouldn’t let me buy any drinks, don’t worry about it im buying for all these guys over there as well
They all work for me on a boat, there where 7 or 8 Phillipino / Asian guys,
I turn to the wife and say this guy must be loaded,
Oh cool which one is your boat I asked , oh its too big to get into this harbour we have to dock in the other harbour a bit further down, jesus he must be really loaded.
Long and short of it was it wasn’t his boat he was the manager of the boat and he was on a day out with all his staff.
Wouldn’t tell us whose boat it was even after a lot of beer and numerous probing questions, fair play to him
went to have a look the day after, bloody huge with a helicopter on the back,
Great day and cheap, guess it was all on his expenses, must have had 5 or 6 beers plus cocktails for the wife.
Also told me he was allowed to fly home to go and watch City when not needed all at the expense of the boat owner,
What a bloody good job that was, maybe he frequents this forum and remembers
Great time but the wife never lets it slip we were supposed to go for a nice meal that night as it was her 40th,
we were that pissed we only made it to burger king, Happy Days
So you did have a nice meal in the end then. Can’t knock the whopper.

My old man went to Poland a few years ago to see some distant family we have out there. He has been a load of times but this time went to meet some further cousins etc in a small village.

He gets chatting to one of them and in broken English the chat turns to football where this cousin tells my dad that he is a city fan and has been since the 70s. Even my dad was happy and was chatting to him about me and how I go all the time etc. the cousin couldn’t believe it and they rang me to confirm ha ha.

I then sent a load of city stuff over to him as he could never get hold of anything.

Left Manchester to move to West Yorks in 2003. The house next door was for sale and empty for a while then one day there was a knock on the door. A family stood there, lads in City shirts, saying “we are your new neighbours”. It turned out his seat was the row behind mine and the same seat number in the same block and we could literally touch each other and chat at every game. We became mates and travelled to games including Europe together after that.

#stalker alert

Went with a mate to a pre season tour to Shanghai in China round about 2007.
The route we took was Manc to Istanbul/Beijing/Shanghai. Decided to have a one night stopover in Beijing, went into a small bar with just a few people in, clocked a guy with a casual shirt on with the City Crest. Went over had a good chat and a few more drinks. Turned out he'd been working there for a few years as an English teacher and was from Cheetham Hill, and had no idea City were playing in Shanghai. He said he'd look into going there but Shanghai was around 6/700 miles away.
I remember how fluent his Chinese was when he spoke to the locals.
Never saw him again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.