Stories of meeting City fans in unusual places

Taking a bus this morning from Philadelphia to the Jersey beaches. Bus driver waves me on the bus, as I am about to hand him my fare ($42) he hands me a round trip ticket, says City fans ride free, shows me his City badge tattoo on his forearm and tells me that he loves my hat. (MCFC baseball cap) Boy, I love our team.

I went to Antigua in 1996 and got a taxi from the airport to our hotel. The driver was very jolly and chatty and after about 5 minutes of chat he said "you guys sound like mancs" in a thick carribean accent. It took us by surprise being called mancs by an Antiguan taxi driver and we asked how could he tell. Turns out his brother emigrated to England through marriage and settled in Fallowfield. He goes over to see him once maybe twice a year and they sometimes go to watch City at maine Road and he even mentioned some the boozers that I used to go in (Claremont, Parkside, Bee hive).

Taking a bus this morning from Philadelphia to the Jersey beaches. Bus driver waves me on the bus, as I am about to hand him my fare ($42) he hands me a round trip ticket, says City fans ride free, shows me his City badge tattoo on his forearm and tells me that he loves my hat. (MCFC baseball cap) Boy, I love our team.
Long Beach Island ? Look out for me in my blue European budgie smugglers + party7 six pack.
40E7279A-4C1F-4715-B6F5-952B0F62E901.jpeg

Not an unusual place !

Was taking down the Christmas lights in ramsgate town centre on Thursday as always against the rules I was wearing my City hat !.
Any way a bloke sits down on a bench I look over I'm not sure if it's a City hat or not. So I wonder abit closer and it is.

We had a nice chat saying we are living the dream. He was a manc who more down here a fair few years ago. I said I moved down 57 years ago lol . He said you have a cockney twang lol. I never been anywhere near London !.

Anyway always nice to have a chat with a fellow citizen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.