Season Ticket Waiting List | Sold Out

If that’s the real reason then fair enough, and the club’s hands are obviously largely tied.

I have heard that reason before but didn’t know if it was true, suppose my head can’t get round the fact of somebody paying £500+ on a ST and not turning up to use it.

I make sure to get every penny worth out of mine :)
People buy season tickets to guarantee their seats. I know quite a few season ticket holders who live down south, or somewhere else where it's difficult to get to midweek games. I missed games when I used to work away every week (although I'd try to ensure my ticket was used).

Plus loads of games are moved for TV or to accommodate cup games, so you might think you'll attend most of the 19 games but you might end up only being able to get to 12-14. Also there are people who become seriously ill or develop long term conditions that might restrict their attendance.

There's lots of reasons people might not use tickets but we're working closely with the club to ensure them not using their tickets doesn't deny someone who does want a seat the opportunity of buying one.

Last edited:
Not really. They offer a maximum of 500 tickets to local u-16's for domestic cup games. Not quite as as altruistic as it first appears.

Not according to their website. I’m not saying I didn’t believe him but I thought I’d check it out in case he was mistaken. According to this even adults only pay £9 in this main stand upper.

5e4053515c9c92ffc09dd1cb58240dec.jpg

Great stuff mate!

i do think the pricing for SS3 is all wrong though. Theres a pretty big price disparity for what is largely a very similar view across the stand.

I pay £350 up in row x of the SS3, and yet go down just a few rows and its around £500. Go down a bit further and its close to £600 i'm sure. Doesnt make much sense to me!
I did notice that , the seats higher up where quite a bit cheaper (over £100) , that suprised me because i've been going in the south stand on a match by match basis for years and the price per game is the same where ever you sit , although theres always more availability higher up , so obviously greater demand for the lower seats..

I did notice that , the seats higher up where quite a bit cheaper (over £100) , that suprised me because i've been going in the south stand on a match by match basis for years and the price per game is the same where ever you sit , although theres always more availability higher up , so obviously greater demand for the lower seats..
Knackering walking up to the top of there and hard to get out after so I think people pay more to take that away. The lower rows were sold out very quickly when the stand opened although some in the mid price range and from about row k upwards I think have got great value seats.

Not according to their website. I’m not saying I didn’t believe him but I thought I’d check it out in case he was mistaken. According to this even adults only pay £9 in this main stand upper.

5e4053515c9c92ffc09dd1cb58240dec.jpg
Those main stand upper tickets are only available to people who qualify for their 'local fan' scheme from what I recall.

As mentioned, it adds up to about 500 in total. Probably less than City give away for free within the community for each game.

After being a "Citizen matchday member" for over 10 years , i decided to try my luck for a siver season card this morning and luckily i got one , however it cost me £390 in south stand level 3 , taking into account the 5 games not included , say £55 each , so thats another £275 , so for the whole season , thats £665 , not sure that works out much less than i'v paid over the years as a matchday member , the main reason i wanted a season card was to guarantee a seat in the low letters (i've got H) as at 61 with breathing issues climbing up to level MM almost kills me...
anyway i'm happy to have a season card for the first time in nearly 50 years of supporting the blues ,hopefully the demand will encourage the powers that be to extend the north stand as soon as possible..
Well done (lucky sod)No seriously, good to hear a success story.

Apparently they were all sold out within 10 minutes. My gripe being, if that’s the case, who ever designed this queuing system could have at least programmed it to inform those in the queue that it had sold out. It just adds to the disappointment of missing out not daring to hang up after over an hour as a loop kept sending any one in the queue to the back of an ever lengthening queue

Biggest thing they could do for empty seats is integrate the "resell" into the main seating system and make it a lot easier for season ticket holders - or anyone actually - to put their tickets back into the system.

I had a season ticket for about 10 years but moved up to the North-East. Kept it for two seasons after that, but getting to the stadium up Ashton New Road is a whole different prospect to navigating the M1/M62 in the rush hour, so midweeks against the likes of Wigan would suffer.

I always put my seat up on whatever resale site it was then, but it never sold once. It was a faff for me to sell it and it was a faff for people to buy it.

Maybe things have changed since, but if you could sell your ticket with the push of a button and if the ticket went straight back into City's main ticketing system, then I think you'd get far fewer empties.

If you wanted to take it even further you could have a voluntary system where you could have an app that asked you via push notification a couple of days before whether you were still planning to use your ticket and automatically listed it if you didn't reply/said no. Not sure I'd trust the ticket office/IT department with that one though.

Maybe the problem isn’t with seasoncard holders missing games, it’s seasoncard holders who know they will miss a game who don’t put it on the ticket exchange?

Mentioned this elsewhere... When I worked shifts, I couldn't always get a swap for the games. But I never put it on the exchange, as sometimes we would get an early flirt, and I would get there last minute ASAP... sometimes for the second half ... Ditto mates I know still doing same shifts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.