The Scottish Politics thread

Define a lot? There is no way there was anywhere near the rush to bunting down south. I was in Haddington for lunch on the Saturday and overheard one table bemoaning they saw nothing. I work in Edinburgh and didn’t see a thing. I heard the toffs in Morningside had a couple, but they are mostly English. It was a sodden squib up here.

In fact our neighbour was in Chorley for the weekend and was saying how little there was down there, it was obviously patchy but there was stuff going on.I did see a poll about the future of the monarchy after the Queen, England was 55 % for Scotland 45 % for. So there is a difference but not as great as you'd think.

In fact our neighbour was in Chorley for the weekend and was saying how little there was down there, it was obviously patchy but there was stuff going on.I did see a poll about the future of the monarchy after the Queen, England was 55 % for Scotland 45 % for. So there is a difference but not as great as you'd think.
Funny how a 55 45 in the last Indy was called a landslide. I don’t give a toss whether we keep the Monarch as head of state, it’s getting away from constant Tory rule brought to us by England. That’s the issue. England will never stop electing them. It’s incapable of seeing what a bunch of utter cunts they are. When they get rid of Bellend they will get in again. That’s your right, but we never vote for the cunts but need to suffer them.

Funny how a 55 45 in the last Indy was called a landslide. I don’t give a toss whether we keep the Monarch as head of state, it’s getting away from constant Tory rule brought to us by England. That’s the issue. England will never stop electing them. It’s incapable of seeing what a bunch of utter cunts they are. When they get rid of Bellend they will get in again. That’s your right, but we never vote for the cunts but need to suffer them.
I agree, with the politics side of your point, but the politics has little to do with the Jubilee celebrations, which also were more about the historical occasion than any particular royalist support. While I may support independence, I'm completely ambivalent about the monarchy and would expect if there was a Yes vote the Queen would remain as head of state. As I say I don't reaaly care either way.
My original point was using selected photographs to say nothing was going on in Scotland could be equally selective to show the opposite and were therefore meaningless.

I agree, with the politics side of your point, but the politics has little to do with the Jubilee celebrations, which also were more about the historical occasion than any particular royalist support. While I may support independence, I'm completely ambivalent about the monarchy and would expect if there was a Yes vote the Queen would remain as head of state. As I say I don't reaaly care either way.
My original point was using selected photographs to say nothing was going on in Scotland could be equally selective to show the opposite and were therefore meaningless.
I don’t care about the Monarchy but if it helps some to vote Indy by keeping it, crack on. She is not the issue. We are.

Define a lot? There is no way there was anywhere near the rush to bunting down south. I was in Haddington for lunch on the Saturday and overheard one table bemoaning they saw nothing. I work in Edinburgh and didn’t see a thing. I heard the toffs in Morningside had a couple, but they are mostly English. It was a sodden squib up here.

Angry red faced little Scotlander.

You missed out on the celebrations we man, we had a ball

Did you miss the part where we got a devolved Parliament and government?

SNP are in charge. We raise our own taxes and we spend it on budgets and projects set by the Scottish Parliament.

Take a look, you will be amazed at the fact we are in control of our own affairs on virtually everything domestically.

Suffer the Tories? I don’t, domestically they have virtually nothing to do with my life living and working in Scotland. No, be it education or our NHS or our social services or environmental policies or our judiciary etc etc if I’m unhappy I look much closer to home for the answers.

Angry red faced little Scotlander.

You missed out on the celebrations we man, we had a ball

Did you miss the part where we got a devolved Parliament and government?

SNP are in charge. We raise our own taxes and we spend it on budgets and projects set by the Scottish Parliament.

Take a look, you will be amazed at the fact we are in control of our own affairs on virtually everything domestically.

Suffer the Tories? I don’t, domestically they have virtually nothing to do with my life living and working in Scotland. No, be it education or our NHS or our social services or environmental policies or our judiciary etc etc if I’m unhappy I look much closer to home for the answers.
If that’s all true and it isn’t, but just say it is. Why have the SNP wn every election for 15 years. In your own time. You might not think the Tories affect you, they do, but your choice to feel that way. Why do the SNP keep winning if everybody believed the tosh you wrote?

And how much of what you wrote is because you love the monarchy? Or the Flag? Does that inform you to ignore reality? Or not care as long as you have the queen or Charlie when he takes over. And one last thing, do you see yourself as Scottish first or British?

If that’s all true and it isn’t, but just say it is. Why have the SNP wn every election for 15 years. In your own time. You might not think the Tories affect you, they do, but your choice to feel that way. Why do the SNP keep winning if everybody believed the tosh you wrote?

And how much of what you wrote is because you love the monarchy? Or the Flag? Does that inform you to ignore reality? Or not care as long as you have the queen or Charlie when he takes over. And one last thing, do you see yourself as Scottish first or British?

We have a SNP government in charge of virtually everything domestically that effects our daily lives.

I’m British English and proud of it. My kids are Scottish. My wife is South African.

We are incredibly happy living and working in Scotland and contributing to the country we call home.

Monarchy? No issue with it. Flags? Love them, big swirly things in the wind. 4 flag poles in the garden and we have the Union Jack, South African national flag, St Andrews and St George flying proudly.

Does that make me a flag shagger?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.