The Scottish Politics thread

Not at all. I am happy you are here and enjoying living here. Although flagpoles in the garden aren’t my thing, you crack on. We don’t have the economic levers to do what countries around the world do. We can’t borrow to invest. We don’t control investment. We don’t control benefits. We now can raise taxes but that’s not enough for a long term economic strategy. We couldn’t prevent damage to us through Brexit. We don’t control our natural resources. We can’t control immigration which our economy needs. I could go on but you have a view I absolutely disagree with.
Why do you want to control immigration?

Define a lot? There is no way there was anywhere near the rush to bunting down south. I was in Haddington for lunch on the Saturday and overheard one table bemoaning they saw nothing. I work in Edinburgh and didn’t see a thing. I heard the toffs in Morningside had a couple, but they are mostly English. It was a sodden squib up here.

It's not all about bunting. We celebrated it. Plenty neighbours too. Without bunting. It was good. There was no spite or point proving, just marking the occasion. There was no disdain from openly independence supporting households or individuals either, nor did it feel like anyone was measuring the level of celebration to make or unmake a point. Everyone did what they felt like, as it should be. And hopefully will always be whichever way the country goes forward.

Why do you want to control immigration?
Scotland’s population is expected to grow by only 2.5% by 2043, and that rise is largely based on migration into the country. Now that it’s finally addressing its drug, alcohol, and dietary problems, it might yet see an increase in life expectancy, but it still requires more migrants to come and work and help pay taxes. However, immigration is a reserved power at Westminster, so it’s one of the levers Holyrood cannot pull to effect a change in direction.

It's not all about bunting. We celebrated it. Plenty neighbours too. Without bunting. It was good. There was no spite or point proving, just marking the occasion. There was no disdain from openly independence supporting households or individuals either, nor did it feel like anyone was measuring the level of celebration to make or unmake a point. Everyone did what they felt like, as it should be. And hopefully will always be whichever way the country goes forward.
I have already said I don’t have a problem with Liz. She’s ok and funny, done a grand job etc.

Give Scotland another referendum, with a caveat that if the results are remain in the union then another ref cannot be called for 25 years.

That should galvanised the indy voters too lazy to go out and vote as most won't get another chance if they don't

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.