Russian invasion of Ukraine

Not totally convinced those reports of increased French imports are particularly accurate. It's only in the Telegraph and Express and no other media outlets, and the Centre for Research on Energy and Clean Air (CREA) is named as the source. Looking at the CREA press releases there's been nothing recent and, based on the graphic in the previous post, it looks like every man and his dog is still importing significant amounts from Russia with Germany and China leading the way. The description of the methodology of how it's worked out on their website suggests that it is only an estimate which sort of goes against the very clear headlines in the Telegraph and Express.

Oh they are.

EU gas inventories have increased strongly this year. They are stockpiling now for the “2/3rd reduction”, but it’s a bit smoke and mirrors.

EU gas imports run at about 24.5m GCV equivalent a year (245bcm), they export about 11m GCV equivalent and consume about 15.5m GCV equivalent. Normally gas stockpiles run at about 6m GCV equivalent (5 year average) however are already at 5.9m GCV equivalent and we are hardly in to the injection season (April to October). EU stockpiles are expected to finish the injection season (October 2022) at 10.5m GCV equivalent. So back to the smoke and mirrors… 10.5m GCV equivalent = 2/3rd of their consumption of 15.5m GCV equivalent… so from end of this year they’ll import about 5m GCV equivalent of gas primarily from Russia and not export anything - so beware anyone who imports gas from the EU because that cupboard might be a little bare. The big gamble for them is that this war is over by this time next year - otherwise they either go cap in hand to Russia or the lights go out (and guess which one they will pick).

So it seems the policy of Germany (ze cunts), French (le cunts), and the Italians (il cunts) is to not do so much as to piss the Russians off as they still need them, and not do too much to drag the war out beyond a April 2023 (give or take). All the while they talk the game about support for Ukraine sovereignty. The duplicitous cunts.

I see that the 3 stooges (Scholz, Macron and Draghi) are off to Ukraine to talk to Zelenskiy...
Going through appropriate films at least partially set on a train. The best I think are:
- The Cassandra Crossing (a train with a plague on board crossing a disused railway bridge between Poland and Ukraine).
- Snakes on a Train (apt as it is a low budget version of the Hollywood Blockbuster - Consider the amount they are giving to both Ukraine and Russia in cash terms).
- Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted (for being Putin's poodles).

The return journey will be:
- Go West (Marx Bros) - The only question is: Which Marx brother is which leader?

I'm sure the teams can come up with other suggestions.

Last edited:
Oh they are.

EU gas inventories have increased strongly this year. They are stockpiling now for the “2/3rd reduction”, but it’s a bit smoke and mirrors.

EU gas imports run at about 24.5m GCV equivalent a year (245bcm), they export about 11m GCV equivalent and consume about 15.5m GCV equivalent. Normally gas stockpiles run at about 6m GCV equivalent (5 year average) however are already at 5.9m GCV equivalent and we are hardly in to the injection season (April to October). EU stockpiles are expected to finish the injection season (October 2022) at 10.5m GCV equivalent. So back to the smoke and mirrors… 10.5m GCV equivalent = 2/3rd of their consumption of 15.5m GCV equivalent… so from end of this year they’ll import about 5m GCV equivalent of gas primarily from Russia and not export anything - so beware anyone who imports gas from the EU because that cupboard might be a little bare. The big gamble for them is that this war is over by this time next year - otherwise they either go cap in hand to Russia or the lights go out (and guess which one they will pick).

So it seems the policy of Germany (ze cunts), French (le cunts), and the Italians (il cunts) is to not do so much as to piss the Russians off as they still need them, and not do too much to drag the war out beyond a April 2023 (give or take). All the while they talk the game about support for Ukraine sovereignty. The duplicitous cunts.
Strange how some seem to think the EU can do no wrong.

Strange how some seem to think the EU can do no wrong.

Even though it’s the member states buying gas rather than the EU it stretches credibility to think that this strategy wasn’t agreed (however reluctantly) behind closed doors with the primary member states so the EU could make a defiant gesture about Russian fuel. I’ve no doubt such an agreement frustrated the EU leadership and that they would like to do much more but when you’ve got the 3 stooges of Germany, France, and Italy pushing their own interests - not without reason and I suppose they’ll argue that morals don’t heat homes. The upshot is the EU continue to be shown to be a bit impotent.

I have nothing but sympathy for the EU here, the way EU leadership tried to lead at the outset was truly commendable - it really felt like the EU had suddenly matured into something special. But the same headwinds reared their ugly head and it turned back in to the UN “light” where policy is diluted to the lowest common denominator. This feels like a watershed moment for the EU, they need to push for greater power for autonomous foreign policy or I think they lose their way in the medium term on the international stage where the US will see them as an unreliable partner.

Even though it’s the member states buying gas rather than the EU it stretches credibility to think that this strategy wasn’t agreed (however reluctantly) behind closed doors with the primary member states so the EU could make a defiant gesture about Russian fuel. I’ve no doubt such an agreement frustrated the EU leadership and that they would like to do much more but when you’ve got the 3 stooges of Germany, France, and Italy pushing their own interests - not without reason and I suppose they’ll argue that morals don’t heat homes. The upshot is the EU continue to be shown to be a bit impotent.

I have nothing but sympathy for the EU here, the way EU leadership tried to lead at the outset was truly commendable - it really felt like the EU had suddenly matured into something special. But the same headwinds reared their ugly head and it turned back in to the UN “light” where policy is diluted to the lowest common denominator. This feels like a watershed moment for the EU, they need to push for greater power for autonomous foreign policy or I think they lose their way in the medium term on the international stage where the US will see them as an unreliable partner.
When push comes to shove the EU are irrelevant in this. It's only the individual states that can make a difference and unfortunately too many are not doing enough. We hear lots of leaders pledging their full support for Ukraine whilst at the same time not doing all they can to wean themselves off Russian fossil fuels. We also see them committing to provide military support but it's often in the future and it's nearly always pitiful amounts. Seems it's only the Americans who are actually providing billions of pounds worth of weapons. It's a few millions here and there for most with ourselves doing better than most but way behind the US. The other big problem is that China and India don't really give a fuck and are taking advantage of any Russian spare fossil fuel capacity with the Indians buying it and selling it on, and the Chinese taking advantage of the drop in prices.

Oh they are.

Your expertise on this subject is appreciated, thanks.

Men in the separatist Oblasts of Luhansk and Donetsk are being conscripted without warning (press ganged is more the word I worid use) and being given a Kalashnikof with no training and being used as artilary spotters without body armour etc.
They approach Ukrainian lines of control, get shot and drones identify where the shooters are and start shelling the Ukrainian shooter posiitions. Life expectancy for these spotters = minutes.
I wonder if they think that even considering supporting breaking away to be Russian was a really bad idea?

Last edited:
Men in the separatist Oblasts of Luhansk and Donetsk are being conscripted without warning (press ganged is more the word I worid use) and being used as artilary spotters without body armour etc.
They approach Ukrainian lines of control, get shot and drones identify where the shooters are and start shelling the Ukrainian shooter posiitions. Life expectancy - minutes.
I wonder if they think that even considering supporting breaking away to be Russian was a really bad idea.
To be fair, their widows are being sent flour*, sugar and oil to bake a cake (genuinely). So fair’s fair.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.