It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

If it’s even on the table, which I find hard to believe, signing Salah will bring a lot of political heat to the club.

The crying about the PL becoming the Bundesliga and poor little Liverpool not being able to compete will increase 100x.

Pretty much the only argument against is that city don’t sign their direct rivals best players.

Now some people will say “who gives a fuck” and that’s fine, but I would suggest that actually people on here do care a lot about the perception of the club hence the multi-thousand page threads on such topics.

I don’t think people at the club enjoy the media campaigns, investigations and political attacks that the club comes under either.
I don't think the people at the club care or they'd counter them more often. If he runs his contract to a free, i think we'll be in the game if only for due diligence at the time

That was my thinking too initially but think city would have learnt that from Garcia , Deniz Suarez etc.

Not ALL barca academy players would have the same thought process I think.
How about a "can't go back to Barca for the length of your deal" clause in the contract?...

Can respond to that with a sceptical view really

Firstly,they don’t work for free,I’m pretty sure they’ll be well paid in doing a job we all love,just that some are privileged

As for where they go next,well with all due respect I don’t see much difference between Arsenal and Al Sadd,both fucking crap,so yea I am looking at Arteta.

Could being the key word in your comment
No way Arteta gets a look in at Arsenal if he wasn't under Pep. Being an ex player, would be nowhere near enough.
Only pep on his cv got him that gig.
If stan fucking collymore worked under pep for 3 years he would, eventually, be courted by other top level teams.
The magic "Pep shine" can polish up any old pile of shite to be employed into a big seat via reflected glory.

No way Arteta gets a look in at Arsenal if he wasn't under Pep. Being an ex player, would be nowhere near enough.
Only pep on his cv got him that gig.
If stan fucking collymore worked under pep for 3 years he would, eventually, be courted by other top level teams.
The magic "Pep shine" can polish up any old pile of shite to be employed into a big seat via reflected glory.

I’d have to draw the line at Stan I’m afraid haha

If it’s even on the table, which I find hard to believe, signing Salah will bring a lot of political heat to the club - maybe enough to think twice.

The crying about the PL becoming the Bundesliga and poor little Liverpool not being able to compete will increase 100x.

Pretty much the only argument against is that city don’t sign their direct rivals best players.

Demand for investigations and complaints and media animosity will go through the roof. Remember how bitter they were about losing Sterling to us in 2015? That will be a raindrop compared to the monsoon poaching Salah would be.

Now some posters will say “who gives a fuck” and that’s fine, but I would suggest that actually people on here do care a lot about the perception of the club hence the multi-thousand page threads on such topics.

I don’t think people at the club enjoy the media campaigns, investigations and political attacks that the club comes under either - and that includes Pep.

I simply don’t think we need him to win, so I don’t think it would be worth the backlash.
So nothing new then? :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.